Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

His car is an '06 IS250, he has 'external system is not connected' showing, presumably, on his screen. Not difficult to work out is it, and no need for rudeness, eh?

Welcome to the Forum Albert, sorry I can't help with your satnav problem, but I'm sure there'll be someone along soon who can give you a pointer or two.

Pete

Not difficult to work out is it, and no need for rudeness, eh?

Why is it rude to say you don't understand the question?

Again, its not difficult to work out, is it?

The first-time poster asks about a problem, and he's met not with 'welcome' but with 'pardon' and 'no comprendo' as replies. Of course its not rude to say you don't understand the question, but I'd say there's a better and friendlier way of doing it than the two of you did, that's all.

Pete

Again, its not difficult to work out, is it?

Dear all,

I am a first time poster and have a question.

I have a Lexus is250 2006 with sat/nav. On the screen it says the external system is not connected. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance

regards

Albert.

lexus is250 2006 sat/nav, sas's the external system is not connected

No comprendo or pardon is a perfectly acceptable reply to what was posted. When I first read it I genuinely didn't understand.

Albert sir what do you think?

I agree with the second and third posters, Albert just posted a statement which I think was rather rude.

What's wrong with using a few extra words that will make the statement into a question that we all understand and can then reply to?

People need pulling up about their grammar and punctuation as well as their forum etiquette, don't you agree?

I agree with the second and third posters, Albert just posted a statement which I think was rather rude.

What's wrong with using a few extra words that will make the statement into a question that we all understand and can then reply to?

People need pulling up about their grammar and punctuation as well as their forum etiquette, don't you agree?

Indeed. Hence my criticism of 'pardon' and 'no comprendo'.

The OP could be any number of things that add up to his first post. Surely it behoves us to extend some sort of welcome to him beyond that which was offered. It feels like bad form to pull people up on grammar and punctuation - I don't see it happening on here (it could, a lot, but its not) or on the many other Forums I use (Pistonheads is probably an exception, but its usually done on there as a ****-take between posters who have a basic knowledge of one another). Why pick on a first time poster? He could be someone, for example, in his later years - would you be happy if your grandad was pulled up on his punctuation, would you want someone better educated to do that? Would you feel comfortable knowing that someone was, in effect, criticising how he wrote something? What if English isn't his first language?

Anyway, I've said my bit. I understood exactly what the OP was asking, and I do think the first two replies were a rather obvious and unnecessary dig at his style of asking.

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links