Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slow Service From Aamayama

Worryingly slow, in fact....

Some of you will have read that I placed an order with Amayama for a pair of rear UCAs. This was on October 9th. Looking at the order, the status was changed to "purchased at supplier" on October 14th. Since then, that same status has not changed, even though it's been updated every day. This would suggest that the goods have not yet even been sent. And it's now past the 7 days quoted for delivery.

Oh, and my MoT expires on Wednesday.

Am I expecting too much?

I recently completed an order with Amayama (my first) and was quite satisfied with how it went on their end.

I went through about 7 days worth of status updates before my parcel was eventually shipped. I believe they can/will source parts from different locations before shipping the complete order from Japan, so that might explain the delay. As I recall, one of my items was sourced from their UAE warehouse.

It then took about 3 days to arrive in the country...BUT, the parcel then languished in the hands of HMRC and Parcelforce for well over a week before they sent me notification via snail mail that I had an import VAT charge to pay before it would actually be delivered.

This is terrible service compared to companies like UPS or FedEx who will let you settle a charge like that before your package lands in the UK, or even just bill you at a later date.

Anyway, hopefully you will receive your goods soon. Luckily my order was only for something cosmetic (illuminated scuff plates), so I wasn't in too much of a hurry to receive them.

Alas you are buying from a distie...a distributor who won't carry the stock but has to order it from the main supplier and maybe the manufacturer. Can take ages and they have your money. Only way is to check stock when buying.

Ah well, it now says "shipped"!

So I presume that when they say "ships in 7 days", this means "gets shipped within at least 7 working days of the order being placed", or "takes an estimated 7 days to arrive once it's actually been shipped".

Clearly I was being naive in thinking that it would take 7 days in total from the order date!

Anyway, the parts are being sent directly to the garage, so it will be interesting to see who gets the ransom note.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links