Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Annoying Traders Quest To Find A Is250

I have been on a mission to purchase an IS250. Been looking for about the last month and last weekend I thought I had found the perfect car. I couldnt make it on the Friday so I said I would be over on the weekend. Now I know things are first come first served and sometimes its just the way life goes but by the time I was able to finish work the car was sold :|.

A few days later the same car I wanted ended up back on the auto trader, this time with a massive £3000 on top of the previous asking price.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201511128638631?sort=default&postcode=le52dd&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&page=1&colour=white&search-target=usedcars&radius=1501&model=is_250&make=lexus&logcode=p

I know everyone has a right to make their money but sometimes I really wish people were not so greedy.

Anyways I guess this is just life and I need to be quicker next time I see a car I like.

Rant over.

I have been on a mission to purchase an IS250. Been looking for about the last month and last weekend I thought I had found the perfect car. I couldnt make it on the Friday so I said I would be over on the weekend. Now I know things are first come first served and sometimes its just the way life goes but by the time I was able to finish work the car was sold :|.

A few days later the same car I wanted ended up back on the auto trader, this time with a massive £3000 on top of the previous asking price.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201511128638631?sort=default&postcode=le52dd&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&page=1&colour=white&search-target=usedcars&radius=1501&model=is_250&make=lexus&logcode=p

I know everyone has a right to make their money but sometimes I really wish people were not so greedy.

Anyways I guess this is just life and I need to be quicker next time I see a car I like.

Rant over.

Always remember what they ask and what they get are two different worlds. Offer them what you would have offered the original trader. Mike.

I'd advise being a bit more forceful in your mission to purchase Tim.

Ask the vendor for a totally accurate description, "warts and all". A dealer will always be as honest as possible in my experience.

Based upon the description, decide whether you think the car is right for you and make an appointment to view at your earliest opportunity.

Offer a refundable holding deposit of say £250 to show good faith so that you have first refusal.

I did this just a fortnight ago on my IS250C. My old car was for sale on eBay and a guy contacted me over the weekend arrange to see it on the Tuesday, with a view to driving away on the day if he wanted it.

I was confident I had described my vehicle accurately so expected a sale. I contacted the dealer with the 250C on the Monday morning and after discussing condition etc. he accepted a holding deposit from me. On the Tuesday lunchtime, after a successful sale, I was able to agree a purchase in principle based on description. I travelled on the Friday to view and finalise the deal. Even at that point I was able to walk away with my deposit refunded if I didn't like the car.

My previous four car purchases have been concluded in a similar fashion. It's about trust and asking very relevant questions of the seller. Don't see why similar circumstances can exist with a private seller.

It's all about achieving first refusal status for yourself. Good luck and let us know what you get please.

• Like 1

Should have put deposit of 200 which is refundable if u don't purchase vehicle what's ur budget Marshall honda in Yorkshire got is250 2012 advance white 27k on clock for 14k there on eBay also one in Oldham same price good luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links