Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Fuse ?

Hi,

I am looking to install my old dashcam into my new car (IS300h) and need to know what fuses do what.

The fuse box I am looking at is the internal one under the dash on the passenger side.

I can't find the information in the Handbook and the description on the fuse cover in too brief.

I'm looking for a permanent feed (maybe brake/stop lights) and a feed when the ignition pos 1 comes on (such as cigar lighter maybe).

Does anyone have a proper detailed list of which fuse does what?

much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am looking to install my old dashcam into my new car (IS300h) and need to know what fuses do what.

The fuse box I am looking at is the internal one under the dash on the passenger side.

I can't find the information in the Handbook and the description on the fuse cover in too brief.

I'm looking for a permanent feed (maybe brake/stop lights) and a feed when the ignition pos 1 comes on (such as cigar lighter maybe).

Does anyone have a proper detailed list of which fuse does what?

much appreciated!

Post a few pictures up. Which feeds, colour codes did you use?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm looking to do the same, but cannot find the interior fuse box cover, can you help with more details of location, I have looked under the glovebox, but can't find anything?

10 minutes ago, wh05apk said:

I'm looking to do the same, but cannot find the interior fuse box cover, can you help with more details of location, I have looked under the glovebox, but can't find anything?

Awkward to get to, but if you remove the panel that is above the passengers feet, it just pulls down at the rear edge and slides out of locating pegs on the bulkhead. This will give you better access once you're lying on your back in the footwell you can see a bit better. I just checked which fuses were permanent feed and which were Ign controlled and tapped onto them.  Just got to do the same with my new NX.

Thanks, fuse box was what I had been looking at, but didn't want to force the cover, as couldn't see it clearly, now accessed, looking to install a Blackvue 2ch (£239 from ebay) do you know if the fuses are mini or micro fuses?

11 hours ago, wh05apk said:

Thanks, fuse box was what I had been looking at, but didn't want to force the cover, as couldn't see it clearly, now accessed, looking to install a Blackvue 2ch (£239 from ebay) do you know if the fuses are mini or micro fuses?

I installed a blackvue with power magic to save draining the car Battery and I've noticed that the hybrid system on the car seems to shut down the power to the power magic to soon. I've done two installs using the same set up on non hybrid Lexus and it's not been an issue. 

From memory I thought the 'power magic' was adjustable, I think there are three settings. The 'power magic' shuts of the power to the camera,  when the 12v Battery depletes to the level set. The hybrid system is not involved, it is the 'power magic' and the 12v Battery. Check that your 'power magic' setting is correct.

Regards.

Michael.  

Yes that is correct. Power magic pro is setting on lowest voltage drop setting. I have used same equipment on my last Lexus IS250 and it worked fine. Hybrid seems to override the power magic pro system. 

Mmmm. seems strange that, as the 12v and Hybrid are separate systems, the camera uses the 12v system. No problems with mine, maybe your 'power magic' is faulty, or try it on another setting, just an idea.

Best wishes.

Michael. 

Just checked, yes there are two, 'power magic' and 'power magic pro,' as you say. I think the 'pro' is for goods vehicles but not sure. I have a number 01159 599 995 FREE , it is TTW Partners at Nottingham, they will know. When I bought my camera from them in 2013 I spoke to Tom. They were helpful and honest with me, even though I live over 1000km from them.

Good luck.

Best wishes.

Michael. 

I might not have explained the problem clearly. The problem only arises when the car is parked and locked and the power magic pro is turned on to still feed power to the camera. The system shuts down after about 6 hours or so. It operates perfectly otherwise. The same equipment was used in my previous car and the parked/record facility recorded for a much longer period of time (days). I also installed the same set-up in my wife's car and that works fine too. Her car camera records for days whilst it's parked unused. 

I understood what you said ok; mine works as your wife's, with no problems. When I looked on 'TTW's' site it mentioned something about a timer also, it could be that even. My thoughts are 1) faulty unit.  2) the 12v is not charging fully, therefore the 'power magic' is reaching it's cut off point quicker. The latter is unlikely, as you have a new motor, but it is worth a check. Failing that give them a ring, it's a SKYPE number and costs nothing and they will probably come up with a solution at the drop of a hat.

Best wishes.

Michael.   

Yes, I did a write up about it on the NX page under the heading 'Dashcams' a few days ago, check it out, it's worth a read I think. Well I wrote it after all!!

Best wishes.

Michael.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links