Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys, got my Rx 400 back from Lexus (waterpump change) ... had to relearn everything as usual, but my wiper stroke seems too short ... when at rest their position looks right but at full stroke the drivers side wiper arm stops about 5 degrees short of vertical ... & I'm sure it was parralel with the front pillar before it went in ... it seems to stop in line of sight and leaves a wide strip on the windscreen (drivers side) uncleared, everything looks correct but it's as if the stroke isn't long enough, can anyone confirm if their wipers are vertical at full stroke position or any advice ?

post-45316-0-40316600-1452094177_thumb.j

post-45316-0-21346500-1452094190_thumb.j

post-45316-0-90731000-1452094202_thumb.j

Nope that's not right!

My drivers wiper stops parallel to the front pillar, yours look well off so I would head straight back to the garage to say it didn't do it prior to the recent works and please could they sort it!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I knew something wasn't right when I turned the wipers on, I checked the nuts are all tight & unless there is a software setting for wiper stroke postion I can only summise they must have physically undone the nut & moved the arm....

the only possible reason I can think that they would have done this is when you are sat in the car, the aero wiper blades raise the arm a lot higher into view above the bonnet (which I immediately noticed) when I fitted them 6 months ago ... and one of the Lexus guys has thought to move it further down out of view (but not realizing the stroke position would change ?)

... If I turn the wipers on full speed they now clash at the bottom ... not that I ever use that speed though ...

If you look at the front window, you should see some heating elements that the blades sit above when at rest that come on with the rear window defrost/defogger, are yours within this area bill?

• Like 1

Are you saying that you had to reset everything yourself after your Lexus dealer changed the water pump!?

I would seriously complain if this is indeed the case as it would be in breach of what the Lexus experience is all about!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 07/01/2016 at 4:20 PM, DanD said:

Are you saying that you had to reset everything yourself after your Lexus dealer changed the water pump!?

I would seriously complain if this is indeed the case as it would be in breach of what the Lexus experience is all about!

Lexus experience ?  ... Lexus Manchester ... everytime I went in they f@*%ked something up ...

first time I kept hearing a slight knocking after picking the car up from them, I found they had left a 10" screwdriver jammed behind the d/s front brake dust cover when I got home ... next time they very badly scraped the engine cover ... it looked like it had been skimmed 30 ft across the floor .. the last time I took it in because the waterpump was whining which happened (suprisingly shortly) after their very recent replacement & tensioning of my timing belt  ... on top of that they tried to charge £80 diagnostic fee ... I told them what the problem was when I took it in !!! ... needless to say I refused to pay but the guy I was dealing with was a *****, I lost my rag after a bit & the showroom manager intervened & removed the charge from my bill ... there are a ton of other reasons why my experience of Lexus has not been good ... what can I say ... no wonder Lexus Manchester have shut down ...

... I love the Rx though ...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links