Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi phil

this problem was discussed somewhere on the forum here - due to the Bluetooth tech in the car being old it is not always possible.

i remember one member bought a particular model old nokia phone which worked well with the lexus system which he kept in the car as a "car phone"

i think with modern phones you might struggle and might have to resort to adding each contact one by one

Mark is right Phil, my 2007 LS460 would not accept a bulk transfer of my contacts because my head unit would not talk to my phone even though I paired it at the first attempt. It was the local dealer who went into their Tech Support system and when I told him the model number of my phone he printed off all the Nokia model numbers which detailed which Nokia would do a bulk transfer, my model was listed as NO BULK TRANSFER. It wasn't really a problem as I just entered every contact separately and now my phone book appears when I want to dial a contact. Doesn't matter what make of phone you have it's all about the model number and whether it will or will not do bulk transfers. Your phone is one that won't bulk transfer but it will accept single entries one at a time and they will all be saved as your phone book. Boring I know transferring the details of every contact but unless you want to change your phone it's the only way you will load a phone book. If you change your phone at any time check with a dealer if your new phone will do bulk transfers.

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links