Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Spoiler

I am thinking of add a rear spoiler to my IS300h FSport White, anyone have any advices ???? I like the gsf rear spoiler type, which is like on the top of trunk, not touching the Lexus badge. I have been searching on websites and most of them are touching the badge, not the style like the gsf.

Joachim

I fitted this type. It looks exactly the same as the OEM Lexus type except the price! I think it looks superb on an Fsport IS300 & looks factory (dealer) fitted as some IS300`s are supplied.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNPAINTED-FOR-LEXUS-IS250-IS350-IS300h-F-SPORT-F-TYPE-REAR-TRUNK-WING-SPOILER-/231706853199?hash=item35f2cdff4f:g:aXkAAOSw9r1WDO9U

Ed :flowers:

Any photo of your car to have a closer look ???

Joachim

Here is a quick snap apols the Fsport has been earning its keep over the last few days so needs a wash. I think the spoiler looks the dogs. Cost around £200 fitted.

Ed.

Spoiler_zps8yo7h7ep.jpg

How to install the fsport spoiler ??? Is it really need to screw it on the trunk or just use 3m sticker is enough ???

Joachim

No holes to drill!! I used body kit adhesive. Tigerseal or Sikaflex.

Ed :flowers:

Is it just use some glue do car bodywork would be great and just stick the spoiler on the trunk is stable ??? As I just checked on owner manual, it mentioned that need to drill holes

Joachim

You drill holes into your boot lid if you want to. You asked me how I fixed mine and I have told you!!

This kind of stuff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BODY-KIT-SPOILER-FIXING-ADHESIVE-GLUE-CAR-BODY-REPAIR-/220446791248

• Like 1

Sorry mate as I just found the owner manual that's why I just got the questions about the drilling holes thanks for your good advices :)

Joachim

You are welcome. I was on another forum for my previous car and a guy on there did drill holes but ballsed it up so had to make the bigger with a file it look terrible. Modern adhesives are the way to go. The Lexus spoiler weighs very little so doesn't need bolting on.

Fsport IS300H may not be any different under the skin although the suspension is stiffer. It is more of a trim level same as Rsport on the Jag XE which may well be my next car. As much as I like the Lexus I never want the same car again. The GS is an option but it doesnt appeal.

Enjoy

Ed :innocent:

For the is300h, what is the front and rear suspension ???? Are they good or need improvements ??? And apart from the original fsport spoiler, any other you have seen ??? I like the spoiler not covering the Lexus Badge on the trunk, like the style the new GS fsport now. :)

Joachim

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links