Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, 

I'm having problems with my heater (07 is220d). Any ideas on what it could be? Some info on what I'm seeing:

- it started yesterday; I have full power but when it was on LO I had cold air, when it was on anything else (16C or 25C or HI) I just had the same very hot air. It was like the thermostat wasn't working. Same on AC or with AC off. Same when I did DUAL

- then this morning I had no power, when I turn the vent power onto full instead of being like a wind tunnel there was just a little bit of air coming through. It didn't matter if I had it as window / or to face or to feet, or what I did with AC or DUAL. Still just a little bit of warm air coming out. 

Also I had the classic Head Gasket issue on this car about 6 weeks ago and had this fixed (no HG, new head and new injectors), so hopefully it's not the same thing again. I checked and the Coolant level is fine too. 

I don't know much about cars technically, but it sort of seems like a problem between the actual console and the unit, like in the electrics / sensors etc. 

What you think?

G

on one car I found out climate control is done via a small fan blowing air to the diode/sensor. It was clogged up good. It was making noise and that's what LED me to clean it.

Wonder if you simply need to clean this fan-sensor assembly? 

Strange, it sounds like you are having two different problems.

The first sounds like the ambient temp sensor isn't working.  The second like the blower motor is not operating properly.

This morning when you tried full power, did it do the same regardless of the temp you set?  Also, you sure the climate control was turned off?

Thanks for quick replies, much appreciated!

Shahpor; yes it was the same temperature coming out regardless of what temperature I was setting. Also it was the same power regardless of what power I was setting; so if I had it at 16C and on full power, I had the same as if it I had on 30C and 1 bar (lowest fan output). 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links