Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

33 minutes ago, i_786_i said:

XL aint as bad as ppl make out - i cant find no noticeable difference and i occasionally do heavy loads but mostly they allow higher tire pressures and have reinforced sidewalls which im more interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those reinforced side walls makes the ride harder, which is already rather hard on R17. Depends what you take for comparison e.g. if you compare with BMW e90 - then Lexus with any tires/rims will be comfortable to drive.

• 3 weeks later...

On top of my head think it's £95 but what they do for that is a mystery, I get mine done for 30 front and if rear required another 30.i get them done at Goodwin on green lane Ilford, they are really good. 

thanks ahmedali

i am also looking to change 2 front tyres next month end and will get the full geometry done.

Service will  be due next month end so thinking of getting tyres fitted and then getting geometry done at Lexus while they service the car.

I use Elite Motors in Rainham for full wheel alignment http://www.elitedirect.com/

They have one of the best machines in the business or I think the whole of Essex and the service is great with waiting facility and a onsite cafe.

Pay around £30 for front and £60 for 4 wheels.

thats great, thanks for the recommendation Ishaq.

Maybe i can get tyres delivered at my place and go to them for fitting n full geometry.

I guess getting tyres delivered will be cheaper.

They use a Hunter machine which is one of the best in the country. But what I liked most is that the waiting area is big and you get to browse all the performance parts, alloy wheels and see other mods while having coffee and a snack.

Check the price for your tires delivered and fitted - Then check the price for tires at Elite on their website to see if they are cheaper. otherwise just have them do the alignment which is what I did after having my Dunlop SportMAXX RT tires ordered through Black Circles and fitted at one of their premier partners close to Woodford.

Bingo, Me and Ahmedali were planning to meet up around Tesco Beckton - Let me know if your interested

Good Luck

thanks Ishaq. i have checked their site(elite) they dont have goodyear efficientgrip.

also, can i just go to any centre nearby me in northwest london which uses Hunter wheel alignment.

When you guys planning to meet up, pm me the details and time, i will see if i can make it.

I got my front Goodyear from formula 1 in Dagenham fitted £140. Goodwin tyres in Ilford also use hunter system been going there for yrs, they are  good also charge same money 

• 2 weeks later...

i wanted to get the front tyres changed this weekend, and the price has gone up by 10 a piece.

Now showing 78 on car tyres, any other sites or any other trick guys.

when i last checked it was 68 a piece fitted for goodyear efficientgrip performance

U tried formula 1 with discount voucher just Google formula 1 discount voucher, once u click on the site it will take u direct to their site with discount and give u price it's not much but it's better then nothing, its only 2 off per tyre 

no, i am on default 225/45/17 and want goodyear as i fitted them at the back last year and v happy with them.

i was busy last weekend when they were selling for 67/68.

f1autocentre did ask me to pick a local centre, maybe that local doesnt have them

That price is fully fitted price, if u buy tyres online still gonna pay 10 each to get them fitted,unless u know someone who can fit them foc.i done lot research before I bought mine.it worked cheaper and hassle free from f1 autocentre. I paid £70 each fully fitted with discount.on back I got 1 budget brand new tyre and 1 Dunlop which is started to crack on edges, but plenty of tread, soon will need rear tyres. Goodyear r approx 108 each. 

• Like 1

yeah i agree, that its cheaper and hassle free to get it fitted from same place.

I will hunt around for a week and will go with the cheapest, hoping the prices come down like they went up without a reason.

thanks for all the help ahmedali

• Like 1

Hi Bingo123,

Please keep us update on your hunt for new tyres.

I need to replace all 4 on mine (225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear) and trying to minimise the dent on my wallet!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links