Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all. Not been on for a while been working away. 

Ist thing I have a groaning noise from front of car, it happens when braking and continues even when took foot of brake then disappears when start to drive of again till next braking. I have just had the bearing hub replaced and which was very load so I mustn't of been able to hear this groaning while bearing was bad. Next I've noticed my seat base will not go in and out anymore, I hear it clicking from the button when pressed anybody else had any of these, there is a number of other faults but I'll post as I go on later. Cheers Phil 

ps just been mot'd and all ok on that side and they say discs pads brakes are all fine

On 03/03/2016 at 8:17 PM, 9690phil said:

Ist thing I have a groaning noise from front of car, it happens when braking and continues even when took foot of brake then disappears when start to drive of again till next braking. I have just had the bearing hub replaced and which was very load so I mustn't of been able to hear this groaning while bearing was bad. Next I've noticed my seat base will not go in and out anymore, I hear it clicking from the button when pressed anybody else had any of these, there is a number of other faults but I'll post as I go on later. Cheers Phil 

ps just been mot'd and all ok on that side and they say discs pads brakes are all fine

Does the groaning seem worse when the weather is really cold or is it like it all the time?  

reference the seat - i would take it out and have a look underneath - there are various motors with long spindles with worm gears attached - it could be that one of the mechanisms is seized due to lack of use - overall the seat electrics are very reliable so hopefully this might be an easy and cheap fix

12 minutes ago, 9690phil said:

Wouldn't like to say about cold conditions not really looked at it that way. What are you thinking??

Its just that rubber bushes can groan when they're cold which would at least give some idea of what to look for. My Vectra that I parted with last year used to groan something rotten over bumps on a cold morning, but stopped as the day warmed up.  

Hmmm wouldn't say it's that but won't rule out, there is also like a feeling of a worn out brake pad some times but discs pads are fine????  Think this car was a bad buy got a feeling it's going to bite me bad. 

Just bearing hub replaced, calliper crossed my mind. There's a list of faults as long as my arm so will see if I can sort them at a reasonable cost or it may end up in lexuschaps hands. NOT it's also running on winter tyres don't know if that will contribute to any unwanted noise??

1 hour ago, 9690phil said:

Just bearing hub replaced, calliper crossed my mind. There's a list of faults as long as my arm so will see if I can sort them at a reasonable cost or it may end up in lexuschaps hands. NOT it's also running on winter tyres don't know if that will contribute to any unwanted noise??

Winter tyres certainly won't help when it comes to detecting noise, they can make it sound like a tractor.

On 3/6/2016 at 6:52 PM, 9690phil said:

Hmmm wouldn't say it's that but won't rule out, there is also like a feeling of a worn out brake pad some times but discs pads are fine????  Think this car was a bad buy got a feeling it's going to bite me bad. 

Hi Phil

I had some groaning from my rear brakes - I have brake warning indicator cable fitted and usually replace the pads on mileage to be safe.  I always ask the mechanic if the pads will go to the next service - so try not to be a Muppet.  Like you I have been busy with work etc and seem to have lost track things.  Bottom line is I had worn the pads to the metal and that stuffed both rear disks => had to replace them both.  I don't know why I did not get a pad wear warning :( I'd get to the bottom of the groaning quickly mate.

It could be many things - including a duff caliper. You can get them cheap in the US from Rock Auto if you need replacements.

Bren

On 3 March 2016 at 8:17 PM, 9690phil said:

Regarding the seat problem. Derrrrrrrrr I was pressing wrong button. Dementia. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links