Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To TDIPLC

TRD328

Im assuming you have had an inside look into the 1gfe IS200 engine.

Some questions I would like to ask.

1) Are our standard pistons strong?

2) What is max psi you belive our car can handle on stock internals.

3) If need upgrading, would a thicker head gasket be worth it or straight to forged pistons and conrods?

We have not had the opportunity to do any development yet so I cannot answer your questions fully.

We have seen a supercharged engine fail, but we suspect that this was caused by external factors rather than an inherent problem with the engine. Sadly we did not get to do an inspection so could not verify this.

My recommendation would be to install forged pistons and connecting rods if considering a boost upgrade of any magnatude.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Mark

im intrested in a larger intercooler,as you have the TTE ones in stock,could you build bigger one using the TTE one as a template.......

need it b4 end of july.......JAE

Cars getting featured by banzai.......also need 3 guages,for custom guage pod.......what you recomend....possibly WONT be plumbed in in time,but must look good.....:rolleyes:which 3 are recomended(as in function)

mat

Hi Mat

We are snowed under with work at the moment, and have not had a chance to do any more work on these yet....DOH!!

If you or Tony (or anyone else) want's it done, we will need a car here.

The nest thing we want to do though is a better exahsu manifold, because this is holding the power back and keeping the EGT's high - bad news!!

The meters we can get to you next day. Just let me know what colours (silver, white, dark blue, and indiglo) and sizes you want. I would recomment and EGT, oil temp and a choice of boost or oil pressure. You also have a choice of mechanical or electronic operation.

Please let me know

Mark

thanks Mark,

obviously were not gonna get any development work in, in time for JAE,me being over here.......was just looking at intercooler for the mo......i understand about the manifold though it looks very small bore and therefore restrictive:mad:

as for guages....as you say,egt,oiltemp,and boost,they would have to fit as a 3 in the place of the lint trap,so whats that side by side roughly...............53mm dia,and as for operation whichever is the easiest to plumb in.....i have to make the pods first:o. nothing like leaving it to the last moment.......Oh colour hmmmmmm,white me thinks.......(white car an all that)

need a price,if you wanna give me a heart attack in U2U that will be better:(

i will see you at JAE anyway mark,so we can discuss the development work then.......i want it done......

mat

go for the new Blitz Racing meter DC.. very thin design.. ask TE37 he has em on his car!

MAt: Lexus still hasn't replied me about the parts number.. usually I would drive down and ask the service manager personally but my car is still getting test doen... will reply asap.

And finally you are getting your car featured in a mag! I've been scanning the Maxpower and Revs and Baanzai for your car a long time!

the car will be getting photographed/write up done at JAE in july,so i would imagine the car will be in Banzai in october mag........dont wory i will post when

im going for the HKS guages

EGT........Oil Pressure........Boost,

in white 60mm

it will match the other HKS stuff on the car :cool:

Mark,i cannot find a vacume feed into the manifold for the boost............the pipe from the fuel rail is metal.........

im really quite lost to find a place to tap the boost line from...any other suggestions?

mat

found one im ace............its not running 0.3 bar....its hit 0.5 bar:wow:

anyway mark,now i need more cool electronic gadgets..........:D

what about intake temp ........

and a cool thingy guage that measure sother cool stuff.....is it an apexi onethe one you can do 0-60 etc etc i love guages now

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

well it hit it at 130 mph

:D

where you running your boost pipe from,im running mine from the upermost of the 2 small pipes that go into the side of the throttle body under the cable spindle..........if you follow

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

found one im ace............its not running 0.3 bar....its hit 0.5 bar:wow:

anyway mark,now i need more cool electronic gadgets..........:D

what about intake temp ........

and a cool thingy guage that measure sother cool stuff.....is it an apexi onethe one you can do 0-60 etc etc i love guages now

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I should think for a turbo nutter like you Mat - you should bet an acceleromter - like they have in the Skyline GTR:lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links