Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Went to view a rx450h this weekend

So I went to see an rx450h premier  with cream interior this weekend. It is 13reg with 34k mileage, which seems a bit high to me. Are there any big maintenance item as the car approach 50k miles?  What's consider high mileage when things start to "get loose" for a RX? 

Also I was a bit surprised by the amount of crease and light scratches on the leather, especially the driver side which is probably due to getting on and off the car, but it seems the leather isn't very durable.

Overall still quite like the car, so still considering whether should put on an offer.

1 hour ago, alvinsu said:

So I went to see an rx450h premier  with cream interior this weekend. It is 13reg with 34k mileage, which seems a bit high to me. Are there any big maintenance item as the car approach 50k miles?  What's consider high mileage when things start to "get loose" for a RX? 

Also I was a bit surprised by the amount of crease and light scratches on the leather, especially the driver side which is probably due to getting on and off the car, but it seems the leather isn't very durable.

Overall still quite like the car, so still considering whether should put on an offer.

Ive searched the Lexus Used website but cant seem to find the car you mean. Can you post a link so we can advise you on it on the condition and seats? Thanks

As for the mileage, the car is about 3 years old so assuming 10k miles a year is average, its sitting slightly over average mileage.

The bigger services are the 6 year/60k and 10 year/100k ones, all the others are same as before. These cars are generally bulletproof (highlighted by the 3rd Gen RX coming 1st in the Autoexpress Driver Power survey 2016) and you shouldn't need to worry about anything going wrong before 80k. Should be very rare for anything to go wrong before that on these.

Im sure Lexus uses semi-aniline leather on the RX Premier. Its very soft and hence not as durable as man-made rhino skin type materials in BMW and Mercedes. Generally you will have the same issue with a 34k mile Audi as they use soft leather too. The dealer should really sort this out by ironing the seats though.

Hi. I've got soft aniline leather in my RX400h and at 90,000 miles there is no degradation. As Mr Rayaan says they are bullet roof and luxurious long distance cruisers. The only thing slightly amis with mine is a slight wearing on two suspension roller arm bushes. Hope you find a nice car.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Few issues I can see straight up -

1) Car is on a private number plate - make sure you get this removed otherwise the car just looks older than it is.

2) Calipers have a bit of rust on them - get them to paint/replace these if you are considering buying

3) The valve caps have been replaced with cheap plastic ones, they should be metal like the valve itself.

4) Can see a bit of rust on the nuts - get them to replace these

5) Im not sure whether they have properly valeted it yet but the driver side door handle looks very shiny - need a good clean.

6) as for the seats, you are right, it appears they look quite good in pictures apart from the creasing which is on the nearest bolster to the door (this is completely normal however the dealer should be able to rectify it by ironing the seats which will help alot!). There shouldnt be any scratches (dont have any on my car) unless someone has been getting in with studded jeans or something.

These are what my seats look like:

HeHFIn87QAmNGxRAcPt1kONX0gfi1MHsSzfDzmIy

I have 38k miles on my car. The seat looks like it has scratches on but they arent scratches, its just the grain in the leather which looks like that. Is that what is on the car you have viewed? or does it have actual scratches in it?

On a side note, my dealer - Stockport have just got a Mercury Grey Premier with Ivory leather and design pack. Its a 62 plate with only 25k miles on and is £2k cheaper.

Might be worth taking a look http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Premier/Stockport/3427896-605647732-1607047.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

No pictures yet but the spec is what you want. It does have a sunroof like the Woodford one too apparently (its listed anyway but might have to confirm this).

Stockport usually has vehicles in great condition too.

• Like 2

Thanks rayaans, 

Will ask Stockport to send me some pictures. 

What do you think of this one Link. (Price, state, etc?)It is older but quite a bit cheaper. So I can keep it for a while and then change to the latest RX after a while. 

3 hours ago, alvinsu said:

Thanks rayaans, 

Will ask Stockport to send me some pictures. 

What do you think of this one Link. (Price, state, etc?)It is older but quite a bit cheaper. So I can keep it for a while and then change to the latest RX after a while. 

It generally just needs a good clean inside but apart from that looks like a decent example. I can't make a judgement on the seats but Id assume they've worn more than the others simply because it has only done 32k in nearly 7 years so it'll be doing a lot of stop/start journeys and driver will be getting in and out so more wear on the seat bolster.

Price seems good but make sure you get them to throw in a set of BLACK carpets as it'll suit the interior better. The calipers look like they've just been replaced or repainted too as they're nice and shiny.

Having said that, the car is Velvet Black. Its super soft, more so than other Lexus paints so I would thoroughly recommend seeing it as I have a feeling it'll have a lot of scratches on it. Mine was Astral black and it drove me crazy. It used to pick up heavy scratches from drying the car with an MF drying towel!

Mine is Velvet Black and I agree, it is not easy to keep clean. My other car is white and far easier to maintain!

You ought to enquire as to whether the car has been treated with a clear coat... it does help a lot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links