Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Multimedia Options 2008 ISF

Currently using a cheap Bluetooth contraption to stream music from my phone to the AUX. It does the job OK but temperamental and have to change tracks by a separate button. I've seen this system http://www.vaistech.com/site/iVIC-droid.php which looks neat and allows full control from the steeling wheel. Not an issue for the newer ISF's (with ipad integration) but wondered what others are running or if anyone has knowledge of the Vais systems. 

I've been pondering over one of those for a while now. Been using the aux in with my Iphone and it's becoming a tad annoying. Been meaning to stick a post up over on clublexus to see what users think especially if they are using it alongside a 6s. 

I have been thinking about this too. Aux is a right pain with no steering wheel control for track selection.

Think someone from the uk installed one a few years ago and it kept freezing and in the end binned it. 

I wonder if the Grom device lets you control apps like Google maps and Spotify via your display and steering wheel controls. That's the ideal solution for me. 

Yeah was just trying to look into that. Would be very good if it mirrored your phone and appeared on the nav screen so you have full control of the phone app And internet like vaistech does.

4 hours ago, piasek said:

I was looking to add Bluetooth streeming to my LS430 and it looks like there are only two devices really.

One is mentioned Vaistech which seemed to be no1 choice in US and have many happy owners over there.

Second option is Grom Audio which is about half the price of vaistech and offers the same functions plus deaignated app to your phone. Again difficult to find some reviews as Lexus is not very popular in Europe but I think to try Grom audio first as it cost below £100

http://gromaudio.co.uk/products/grom-ipd3-ipod-iphone-kits/toyota-lexus-ipod-iphone-integration-kit.html

Thanks for the alternative suggestion. Although I prefer the features of the Vaistech, £109 with good reviews on amazon could be easily the best solution. Tempted to order myself one and see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Thanks for the alternative suggestion. Although I prefer the features of the Vaistech, £109 with good reviews on Amazon could be easily the best solution. Tempted to order myself one and see how it goes.

I emailed Grom earlier to confirm which device works with the ISF and what it actually does. At £109 I'm tempted to buy it even if only allows me to control my music on Spotify via the steering wheel controls. 

On 04/05/2016 at 11:22 AM, kieron1977 said:

So..... Installed the Grom Bt3 today and it does exactly what it says on the tin. I'm not controlling my amazon music from the steering wheel controls. Thanks for the suggestion piasek. OK it's nothing flash......the vaistech did appeal but it's solved the problem and the sound quality is good. Install was fairly straight forward, only issue is working behind the navigation on the cables as it's quite heavy! 

• 1 month later...

I think the way forward would be if anyone creates a module to make the standard nav/audio system Carplay compatible. 

This is overkill but would allow the fitting of an aftermarket double din head unit such as a Pioneer that supports Carplay. The aftermarket display can be mirrored on the OEM nav screen.

There is a demo video on the link below, but it's a shame you end up with two displays.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/mvx-140l.html

On 6/29/2016 at 2:03 AM, Corrado said:

I think the way forward would be if anyone creates a module to make the standard nav/audio system Carplay compatible. 

This is overkill but would allow the fitting of an aftermarket double din head unit such as a Pioneer that supports Carplay. The aftermarket display can be mirrored on the OEM nav screen.

There is a demo video on the link below, but it's a shame you end up with two displays.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/mvx-140l.html

Curious comment. Why is it a shame to end up with 2 screens? Wouldn't 2 screens be better than one?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links