Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys, 

Need your input here please. My street is full of trees and during summer tree sap, leaves and bird poo is pure pain.

Tree sap is so bad that I have to wash car every 2nd day, literally every 2nd day.

My questions are :

1. I am after cheap cover, I have seen on eBay extra large size for £10. Is extra large size enough for LS430 ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Large-Size-XL-Full-Car-Cover-UV-Protection-Waterproof-Outdoor-For-VW-FORD-/151989503111?hash=item236347c487:g:EMsAAOSwQYZWyAFx

2. If car is parked on public road with cover on it, is it going to attract extra attention ? especially from Vandals thinking its some luxury car or some old banger ?

3. any other ideas to avoid tree sap / tree crap etc

I am worried car parked all covered up will attract vandals or idiots ? 

Thanks All.

AJ

4 hours ago, piasek said:

It looks that cover will be too small. It states that will fit cars up to 4.9m long and LS430 is over 5m. Regarding vandals it probably depends where do you live. I can't see myslef putting the cover on and taking it off everyday though.

regardless of area, do you think cars covered in full covers get more attention from idiots ?

9 minutes ago, katana92_uk said:

regardless of area, do you think cars covered in full covers get more attention from idiots ?

I would think so. Don't know what the answer is though - complain to council and ask for tree pruning/management?

Trees are good for you....as in cutting stuff you don't want to breath in! BUT....they do have to grow, have flowers etc!

One solution is to cover your car with vaseline/grease! Will end up looking awful, BUT.....tree stuff will come off easily!

I once forgot to wipe off wax polish. Looked awful, but, come Spring, I had a lovely clean car-and it prevented any rust!

You have to use solvent to remove sap otherwise; when it hardens, you CAN scrape it off BUT you might scratch the paint.

A layer of good resin polish might make the removal of the sap/poo etc a bit easier. Autoglym Super Resin is a long lasting tough coating. Worth a try.  A Karcher power washer is another alternative.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links