Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could I change colour of cluster needles from red to white?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew wether I could swap my red cluster needles on my pre facelift LS430 to white ones off a facelift LS430. My neighbour's facelift LS430 is currently awaiting being scrapped and I thought that if I could somehow remove the cluster and unfasten the needles I could put them in my own LS430. Does anyone know how to remove the cluster? Is it very complicated?  Has anyone swapped the needles before? Also, is it a very good idea to mess around with the needles as they might not be accurate afterwards?:wacko: 

This is my second post on the LOC so I hope this works. I am eagerly awaiting your thoughts. Enjoy the rest of Sunday. 

Alex 

Hi  Alex 

I would steer clear of this exercise, several reasons come to mind.

The removal of the cluster is quite difficult and without having the process sequence to hand you will do a lot of damage to your embelishments.

Then there is the dismantling of the cluster which again is a sequence procedure and again you could do a lot of damage .

Lastly the needles are lit via a fluorescent charge and you may do damage to them removing and refitting them.

I suggest  tongue in cheek that you wear ultra violet guard glasses when driving and the needles will appear white.

Evening Mark,

Thanks for letting me know just how risky this could be. I am obsessive about maintaining my LS well, so don't want to damage anything. It looks like it will be ultra violet glasses then:cool: 

Or one day buying an LS430 with the different coloured needles as an addition to the family! (that will be a good excuse to get another Lexus) :biggrin:

Alex 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links