Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

Just want to pick your brains (again)...just back from a visit to my local Lexus dealer, who as part of their service routine gave the car the once over. all they could find was one of the two rear exhaust boxes had a slight hole in it. They did give me a quote for replacement,but me being me I was wondering if any of you know a cheaper source than Lexus for the part........the car is a 2006 GS300 and the part appears to be a "Y" shaped section with two silencer boxes at the rear, looks its all one piece from the middle of the car...........I can find after market exhausts up to 2005 but nothing later, anybody got any ideas.

P.S I have looked at stainless and am unsure,

Cheers

Ken

I priced up a complete system from Lexus. Not wanting a a mortgage I got a complete SS (incl cats) system put in by a guy in Leeds. Around £850 iirc and that's with a life-long transferable guarantee. 

Car is '00 GS430

Ian, Do you know if "the guy in Leeds" has a website and if yes, can we have it please?

Do let us know what you think of your new system, especially how it compares, noise wise, with the original system.

Regards

John

It was Tony Banks. https://www.longlife.co.uk/Longlife-Leeds Don't let the fact that it's LL put you off. I have two LL outlets within thirty miles, however I chose to make a 250 round trip based on several recommendations I got from the MB site. I wasn't disappointed. It's a good system well fitted; noise wise you can have it as loud or as quiet as you wish. I went for the existing quiet V8 rumble, and whilst there is a choice of tips, I chose tips that were not very different to the originals. All in all a good job well done. 

Ah....sorry didn't recognise the handle. On appreciation you're probably right, certainly worth more than I paid for it. I was having a Twin Turbo fitted but the chap let me down, so I'm still looking for someone to do the job. Don't visit the MB forum much these days, got a bit fed up with some (not all) of the contributors and in any case I'm no longer running a "fleet" of MB's. My SL60 was the last to go (ex the G) a year ago. I still miss it...

All the best, Ian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links