Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Discovering the IS300H

10 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Tempted by the chem clean option but Gtechniq C5 does seem to be the one to use be it costs three times aa much..  Must be worth it I guess... 

Yep carchem just spray on front and backs, wipe around with an MF, wait to haze then buff it off with another MF. As simple as it can get really. The C5 is good but I just CBA prepping it all up and it does get expensive if you mess up haha!

• Like 1

If your going to do the front and backs you may as well go with C5. If you mess it up then your not worthy of holding a micro fibre towel. I don't know anybody that has managed to mess it up. It is a consumer product not a pro product.

1 hour ago, tayaste said:

If your going to do the front and backs you may as well go with C5. If you mess it up then your not worthy of holding a micro fibre towel. I don't know anybody that has managed to mess it up. It is a consumer product not a pro product.

TBH with you, a lot of people have messed it up on the forums. Reacts badly to some wheel finishes and some people have got patches with it.

If you really wanted to go down the high durability sealant route for the wheels, there's no beating cquartzUK

53 minutes ago, rayaans said:

TBH with you, a lot of people have messed it up on the forums. Reacts badly to some wheel finishes and some people have got patches with it.

If you really wanted to go down the high durability sealant route for the wheels, there's no beating cquartzUK

You mean this stuff that I've just opened so I can take this photo, ready to go onto my new Lexus 

image.jpeg

And it's the uk edition which has some leniency towards moisture image.jpeg

To be honest, if your going to make a hash of any of the two, the cquartz is going to be the one.

I don't have experienced experience with any of this stuff and don't have days to let the car dry especially when the weather so wet and moist at the moment. I haven't found the F-Sport wheels to be too hard to clean as yet. It's all quite interesting to listen to what people use/think

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

On 07/09/2016 at 0:24 AM, tayaste said:

The CQUK is brilliant stuff, but I'd rather keep it to the paintwork 

CQUK is easier to use - you cant mess it up, its idiot proof! Even if you use too much it wont make a difference in application.

Whats the difference between paint on the body and paint on the wheels then? There is none, except that the wheels are generally exposed to more heat but CQUK can handle it regardless

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

CQUK is easier to use - you cant mess it up, its idiot proof! Even if you use too much it wont make a difference in application.

Whats the difference between paint on the body and paint on the wheels then? There is none, except that the wheels are generally exposed to more heat but CQUK can handle it regardless

I have the feeling you haven't used cquk if you think it's easier to use than C5

3 hours ago, tayaste said:

I have the feeling you haven't used cquk if you think it's easier to use than C5

Its the easiest sealant ive ever used in my life - literally 2 drops on the suede applicator and spread over the panel, boom and wipe off done! not exactly hard

4 hours ago, tayaste said:

And what about the reload?

Gtechniq C5 application is exactly how you just described. CQUK isn't quite how you just described.

Reload is great! Sometimes I just use it as standalone protection. Spray and buff well!

14 hours ago, tayaste said:

You need to apply the reload 1 hour after the CQUK .To protect whilst curing

Yep but its not exactly difficult to use and it can be used by itself as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links