Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Discovering the IS300H

1 minute ago, tayaste said:

Fantastic. So glad you're enjoying it. They're great cars, looking forward to mine now after reading that. If only SWMBO looked after hers as much as you, hers is a right tip inside, with glitter, sand and nail varnish everywhere :wallbash:

Regarding the C5, I swap my wheels between summer and winter on my Disco each year and give them a coat front and back, it makes the rears of the wheels so much easier to clean between wheel changes, no need for ironx or anything else, just a bit of good shampoo and they're gleaming.

For the front of the wheels, in between wheel changes I top with poorboys wheel sealant. The brake dust still builds up, but, makes it a doddle to clean.

Hmmm sounds like a bit of effort to look after the wheels and not sure about jacking the car up at this stage but will consider it if the wheels become difficult to maintain. 

When's your car arriving?  Is it a F-Sport?  

On 7/22/2016 at 9:59 PM, tayaste said:

Driving a jag and a discovery, but got the Mrs is300h to pinch every now and then to keep the fuel bills down.

I just don't get it that often Rich :rolleyes:

Wow your wife has the IS300H as well?   

On 22/07/2016 at 3:01 PM, RichyRich said:

Why does the wheel need to be removed?  Thought was to prevent brake dust on the face of the wheels... 

Because brake dust goes everywhere including the backs and the inner column of the rim ad the paintwork near the wheel arch

Basically if you just do the fronts, it could easily corrode from the back and make its way around the front under the paint.

On 24 July 2016 at 10:48 PM, RichyRich said:

Wow your wife has the IS300H as well?   

Only the one is300h, which is the Mrs .. The Jag will go when my 300h gets delivered in September 

• Like 1

On 25/07/2016 at 2:27 AM, rayaans said:

Because brake dust goes everywhere including the backs and the inner column of the rim ad the paintwork near the wheel arch

Basically if you just do the fronts, it could easily corrode from the back and make its way around the front under the paint. 

Ahh got it,   is it the brake dust that corrodes the wheel or the salt on the roads?   How long till I expect to see corrosion on these wheels? 

On 30/07/2016 at 1:51 AM, RichyRich said:

Ahh got it,   is it the brake dust that corrodes the wheel or the salt on the roads?   How long till I expect to see corrosion on these wheels? 

Brake dust gets stuck into the paint. Then water and salt etc get in and bubble the paint up.

20 hours ago, rayaans said:

Brake dust gets stuck into the paint. Then water and salt etc get in and bubble the paint up.

Don't expect that to happen on a brand new car though! 

Brake dust doesn't know if your car is old or not, neither does the road salt.

Give your wheels a good coat of a wheel protectant (I use one by Poor Boys) every so often and you'll have no issues.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Martin F said:

Brake dust doesn't know if your car is old or not, neither does the road salt.

Give your wheels a good coat of a wheel protectant (I use one by Poor Boys) every so often and you'll have no issues.

Agreed with this ^^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Be on it,  just finishing 10 days in the sun with the family and without my new car :(  

What a waste of a purchase!! Should have taken it with you!! 😂😂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The small one. Make sure you read up on this type of coating and how important it is to apply correctly. It needs a long time to cure and meticulous prep. 

25 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Gtechniq C5 how much do I need?  Comes in15ml or 30ml and it's not exactly cheap

Youre going to struggle with that if you cant be without the car for 1-2 days though. Id go for something like Planet Polish wheel seal and shine - doesnt need crazy prep and lasts a fair while, or if you're seriously lazy like me, carchem wheel armour, spray on, spread and buff off after hazing.

15 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Youre going to struggle with that if you cant be without the car for 1-2 days though. Id go for something like Planet Polish wheel seal and shine - doesnt need crazy prep and lasts a fair while, or if you're seriously lazy like me, carchem wheel armour, spray on, spread and buff off after hazing.

Gtechniq C5 how much do I need?  Comes in15ml or 30ml and it's not exactly chea

15 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Hmm why do I need to be without the car for 2 days,  the blurb just said not to get the wheels wet for 12hours.  Is carchem as good? 

23 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Gtechniq C5 how much do I need?  Comes in15ml or 30ml and it's not exactly chea

Hmm why do I need to be without the car for 2 days,  the blurb just said not to get the wheels wet for 12hours.  Is carchem as good? 

In my experience it seems to last longer i.e. closer to 2 years than 1 year if its left on for longer to cure.

I got lazy and decided it was too much hassle and I use the carchem which lasts about 3-4 months but its much easier to use and doesn't really need any curing time.

9 minutes ago, rayaans said:

In my experience it seems to last longer i.e. closer to 2 years than 1 year if its left on for longer to cure.

I got lazy and decided it was too much hassle and I use the carchem which lasts about 3-4 months but its much easier to use and doesn't really need any curing time.

Did you spray it on and do both back and fronts of the F-Sport wheels with them off?  Am thinking this might be my best option and only £7 a bottle I think 

On 4 September 2016 at 10:37 PM, RichyRich said:

Gtechniq C5 how much do I need?  Comes in15ml or 30ml and it's not exactly cheap

15ml of the C5 is plenty to do all 4 wheels and you'd still have some left. As said above make sure the wheel is very clean before applying. It's very simple to use, if you can take the wheel off to do the rear of the wheel then that would be the ideal.

You simply wipe it on and then wipe it off. Then keep the wheel dry for 24 hours and then done. Hang a bin bag with a bungy over each wheel if you can. I'm lucky as I have a few sets of wheels I rotate so leave the wheels in the garage overnight.

if you only do the fronts, then only the fronts will be protected, nothing drastic will happen to the wheels.

it is really very simple to use.

5 minutes ago, tayaste said:

15ml of the C5 is plenty to do all 4 wheels and you'd still have some left. As said above make sure the wheel is very clean before applying. It's very simple to use, if you can take the wheel off to do the rear of the wheel then that would be the ideal.

You simply wipe it on and then wipe it off. Then keep the wheel dry for 24 hours and then done. Hang a bin bag with a bungy over each wheel if you can. I'm lucky as I have a few sets of wheels I rotate so leave the wheels in the garage overnight.

if you only do the fronts, then only the fronts will be protected, nothing drastic will happen to the wheels that wouldn't happen without protection anyway, you could always do the backs at a later date.

it is really very simple to use.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links