Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Issues...again

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact problem as you, but my case is it only happens when I am steering to the right. The noise seems to generate when I turn the steering toward the center. No noise when steering to the left. I heard this knocking noise since it was new, and it seems getting louder now.

I brought the car to the Dealer when it was only half year old, they suspected the knocking noise is generated from the steering column so have replaced the entire steering component but the noise persist. I take back the car after 2 months of "investigation", the dealer still not able to find out the root cause of the problem but told me it is safe to drive. I am very disappointed but I can do nothing.

BTW, I went to the tyre shop twice for tyre replacement but each time after that the noise seems to be disappear / not loud as before, It can be silent for few days, After I drove on unpaved road for 1- 2 mins then the knocking noise would come back again. I am not 100% sure about this if it is because the wheel has been removed and installed so the nuts/bolt was tightened up. I also cannot sure if my feeling is right since the noise is not happening every time when I drive on the roughly road, just most of the time. It could be just at that time I did not hear. 

Please share with me if you have a solution.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links