Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot button

Before I tear my hair out, the button on my boot seems to have stopped working. I have checked the button inside the glove box and can open it either with the key or via the boot release within the car but no joy actually at the boot. I'm assuming that a microswitch might be faulty in the unit itself but am I missing something? Can't find any mention of an independent control to lock the physical button within the manual.

I haven't come across any other way to lock the boot beyond what you have already tried.

I did have a boot locking issue last year where the boot remained unlocked when I locked the car, and locked when I unlocked the car. This seemed to have been triggered by opening the boot from the key, when the car was locked, which seemed to confuse the locking system. Thankfully I eventually got it back in sync after repeated attempts with the key and the buttons on the drivers door (single/double presses). Unfortunately I have no idea what finally worked or whether it was the car itself that resolved it. I asked Lexus to check it at the next service but they couldn't find any faults or reproduce the issue and the fault hasn't reoccurred to date.

Might be worth further attempts as described above, but as you said, could just be the switch. My Lexus dealer didn't charge me for checking so may just be simpler to take it in.

46 minutes ago, DAW said:

I haven't come across any other way to lock the boot beyond what you have already tried.

I did have a boot locking issue last year where the boot remained unlocked when I locked the car, and locked when I unlocked the car. This seemed to have been triggered by opening the boot from the key, when the car was locked, which seemed to confuse the locking system. Thankfully I eventually got it back in sync after repeated attempts with the key and the buttons on the drivers door (single/double presses). Unfortunately I have no idea what finally worked or whether it was the car itself that resolved it. I asked Lexus to check it at the next service but they couldn't find any faults or reproduce the issue and the fault hasn't reoccurred to date.

Might be worth further attempts as described above, but as you said, could just be the switch. My Lexus dealer didn't charge me for checking so may just be simpler to take it in.

Thanks for that..will give it a go tomorrow and if all else fails get my dealer to check it out. I have an extended warranty so there should be no issue getting it sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links