Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone

Jdm95

Hi everybody I'm a new lexus owner, just bought my 2008 is250, manual, yesterday and already loving it. just couple questions 😛 how do I properly turn off the tcs if I decide on a little sideways action ? 😅 do these really have a heated windscreen? and what is the name of this lexus red colour does anyone know?  also what sort of tuning recommendations do people have for me? good sites for quality parts?

received_698937716946741.jpeg

received_698937713613408.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome David :smile:

Nice looking car you got there.

See here regarding the traction control:

Although it is an unusual car to pick for sideways action. :smile:

They do not have heated screens.  My understanding is that Ford patented that idea a while back, although that patent might have expired now, so perhaps we will see cars with them fitted soon.  On SE-L models, the area where the wipes rest is heated to unstick them on cold days.

They are not the most tuneable of cars, so I don't think there is a lot out there for them, although I have seen a nice intake somewhere.

Sorry, I can't help you with parts.  They are somewhat limited, so a lot of them are only available through the dealers.

Hi and welcome to the forum ;good choice of car and I'm sure you will enjoy driving it .Had mine 12 months and really enjoy driving the best car I have owned . I had a IS 200 sport cross for 6 years previously ,that was a good car to . Car looks great  ,I think the colour is Messa Red  ,really suits the car   Enjoy

Dave

Thanks shahpor and true blue, ah she was bought to be a VIP machine but she is rwd so I'll surely put it sideways sometime 😅 I was wondering what the switch next to the speed and red limiter lights we're , must be for unsticking the wipers . I'm not too worried about the tuning parts but I could potentially do something to it in the future when I'm used to the power of it. 

Well, if it looks like this, then it is the heated wiper area switch:

s-l1600.jpg

What spec is it?  The reason I ask is that you seem to have the standard 16 inch wheels, so having the heated wiper option is unusual.

I don't know what spec it is, according to the log book it's just a base model but it has auto lights, fold in mirrors, keyless entry and starting, 6cd changer, dual zone climate control / a/c , cruise control , i think there's more 😜, I may have another look at the button I think that's what it looks like. I'm a VW technician and I'm only used to seeing so many extras on cars when they are top spec highlines or r-lines with every box ticked. 

If you look inside the B pillar near the drivers door lock, there should be a sticker that tells you what spec it is.

Actually, it seems the front window de-icer is standard on all models.  If you have a look at the last 3 pages of this document, you can see what is fitted to each spec:

1399374194IS2ndgenerationlaunchpresspack.doc

• Like 1

Yea it's a base model. I have found in my one if I hold the tcs button for 5seconds(same as an rx8) the tcs and vcs light come on dash and she will spin the wheels and go sideways as much as I want. I have to say after only owning this car a few days I'm already loving it. I drove it home 150km and managed 39mpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links