Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus doing 895 for 2yrs =447.50 per yr 

Click4warranty doing for 342.10 for 1 yr with discount for 2 yrs it's 684.20 and it covers everything that lexus cover so why pay more plus this covers wear and tear too 

Looking at feedback it's quite good too 

With click 4 warranty you don't have to go to lexus for services use any vat registered garage, with lexus warranty you have to go lexus for services 

Any thoughts ????thanks

In my opinion, The Click4warranty policy is not worth it.  For starters, the Lexus policy gives you top level AA cover, whereas the Click one says it will cover up to £100 towards the cost of recovery, with no mention of anything else i.e. home start.

They also provide only £30 towards the cost of a hire car while you car is being repaired, while the dealer gave me a new CT free while mine was being fixed.

Also, you must consider the following:

"Unfortunately, the catalityc converter is not a listed component under the terms of our warranty cover and therefore any claim relating to this part will not be authorised. " (Their spelling mistake).

They also don't cover the following:

• exhaust valves [not burnt valves]
  • cylinder head [not cracks and de-coking or porous heads]
  • timing gears and chains [excluding tensioner]
  • Coil springs, Hydrolastic displacers and hydropneumatic spheres, upper and lower wishbones, ball and swivel joints. (No mention of dampers or anti roll bar bushes, so not covered)
  • map sensor [except injectors and heater plugs]
  • Additional premium required for cover of Air Conditioning and ABS brakes

You also have to contribute towards the repair cost depending on the mileage of the car:

We calculate the betterment percentage depending on the mileage of your vehicle.
     - Up to 60,000 miles - zero

- Up to 70,000 miles - 10%
     - Up to 80,000 miles - 20%
     - Up to 90,000 miles - 30%
     - Up to 100,000 miles - 40%
     - Over 100,000 miles - 50%

Also, I am assuming the quote you mentioned if for the top claim limit of £7000?

However, they then mention:

"The maximum amount we will pay in total during the term of the policy is set at the Glass's Guide retail value of your car at the time of claim."  Which I take to mean that if your car is worth £7000, then they will only pay a total of £7000 for ALL claims made during the year (or 2 years) the policy runs for.

Is this worth the money you would save over the Lexus Extended Warranty? 

• Like 2

Yeh it's 7000 which is 5 star which I took out plus my car only less then 46k as far can tell cover everything with 5 star warranty, don't need aa cover as got rac already pay top cover. When u get services at lexus does it really save you money plus 138 diagnosis charge if it's not covered then it's working out same 

Is that including the extra for air conditioning and ABS cover?

I agree it is cheaper cover, but for anyone who would like to maintain a full Lexus service history, I don't think a £100 saving a year is worth it.  Also, considering the items not covered by the Click warranty, it wouldn't take much for you to recoup that £100.

Also, how much is the RAC cover costing you?  You need to factor that into your calculations considering it is included in the Lexus Warranty price.

Yeh cover air con, turbo, abs, paid last yr 193 for business cover which I can offset towards tax,cover is for me and wife for any car also covers if I have accident in my taxi would recover it too any garage. So aa cover only cover lexus. I been with rac since 2009 think now stop doing business cover did start at 135.

Lexus should offer 12 month warranty too they say 2 for 1 which means they charge 895 per yr. 

3 hours ago, Shahpor said:

They also don't cover the following:

Great post... reading it I am starting to wonder... so what do they cover at all? IF they don't cover basically any parts which can go wrong and cost a lot to fix ... what is the reason to have extended warranty at all? :D

Thanks Linas.

Re-reading my post, I perhaps should clarify that they only don't cover the bits in the brackets.  Although not covering a cylinder head for cracking or going porous basically means they don't cover cylinder heads.

They keep saying that they don't use blanket statements when talking about which parts are covered, but then they mention a lot of specific exclusions.  It just strikes me that their coverage isn't very complete.

I know some people have had problems with the Lexus warranty here, but in a lot of case the work is authorised with no fuss or hassle.  I just get the feeling that that wouldn't be the case with this warranty.

Also, considering the cost of Lexus parts, in my case, I would have to cover 50% of the bill, which wouldn't make it very good value for money.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links