Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drifting Large Scale Rc Nitro Car

Steve

yup drifitng RC cars is so fun. im totaly into it.

Its cheapish too.

All you need is electrical tape on the rear wheels and 3/4 tape coverage on the front wheels leaving the inside edge exposed.

The car has to be 4 wheel drive otherwise it wond drift it will just spin out.

The car in the video is the new soon to be released YOKO drift car, bsaicaly its a normal touring car shassis with stiffer springs and lots of front camber. the main thing is the tyres they are using. we are yet to see them but they appear to be a mixture of rubber and plastic. I have been experimenting using plastic drain pipe for tyres and it works great allowing your car to slide from left to right quickly

Tyres

More tyres

here are a few drift bodies they are coming out with

Drift Bodies

Drift Bodies

but you can use any body you want. HPI make some great body shells and they are only £18 each. my one is a hpi s2000 shell

HPI Webpage

Here is my car

Photo A

Photo B

Photo C

Photo D

yes the rims are aluminum! i had them custom made and CNC machined as they are a lot stronger than standard plastic rims.

My friend owns the only drifting site for RC cars in the world so far, its realy good and has a forum

RC Drift.Com

Have a look on there as there are some great videos. also the forum is getting pretty good too. There are also tutorials on there.

If there is gonna be a bluewater meet i could bring it down to show ya, virtualy any car can be set up for drift. but the better the car the more options you have for fine tuning

Edited by ifraz

its definately a lot of fun. Nitro cars dont work well as drifters as the power is not instant enough to break traction as required, plus you gotta have the car on full throttle a lot of the time in a slide. A nitro car would blow your ear drums after 10 mins lol.

defiantely give it a go. its a lot of fun! smooth tarmac works best

Since I put the monster junior stock motor in mine it spins out all over the place lol (it is on foam tyres though) bit to much torque for them

heres the spec

27x1 (not sure what this means? ) anybody? is it a 27 turn motor?

rpm: 31'200

power: 129.6w

eff: 71.5%

torq: 176nmm

post-71-1075333541.jpg

i would say that a 27x1 was a 27 turn motor, if you want lots of torque get a 9 turn motor!

also i am gonna have to change my pinion gear as i only have a 14 tooth one coming off the motor and the acceleration is phenominal, problem is it can be hard to hold a drift, want to change it to about a 24tooth pinion to give more controlability.

change your tyres too to some hard compount wet tyres, then cover them with electrical tape, hehehe, hrs of fun

yeah, im gonna take my car to the local RC place and have them give it an overhaul soon, it a belt drive car and i want to get a new one plus full call bearing upgrade to the whole car. want to some adjustable shocks and more carbon fibre!!!

you can never get enuf carbon fibre

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links