Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed

jimmycabs

HI GUYS, OWN A 99 IS 200 SE AUTO .WHEN I START A JOURNEY THE LIGHT GOES OUT AS I RELEASE THE HANDBRAKE.AFTER A SHORT TIME IT COMES ON AND STAYS ON FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE JOURNEY.TURNING ON THREE QUARTER LOCK SEEMS TO ACTIVATE IT.SPOKE TO LEXUS AT HADLEIGH AND THEY SEEMED TO THINK THE brake pads MIGHT BE LOW AND A SENSOR WAS THE REASON.HAD BOTH FRONT WHEELS OFF THIS MORNING THE PADS SEEM ONLY HALF WORN AND I COULD FIND NO ELECTRICAL SENSOR ON EITHER SIDE.ANY IDEAS WOULD BE HELPFULL .AND COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY HAVE SENSORS ON THE FRONT PADS OR BRAKES

yes there is a handbrake switch situated under the handbrake itself which can be accessed by removing the handbrake gaiter.i also looked at this,there is no evidence of any moisture around it and it depresses and springs back freely.i will check the flid level switch for any obvious damage tomorrow, and failing that will have to go to the dealers and let you know.thanks for the help

Hey guys i had this 2 weeks ago, so i took the wheels of to take a look and it is the pads, so im just waiting for the new pads to come in from fensport, I.E EBC pads, as i could see my old pads are low, i will get back to you when i fit them and let you know if it was my pads that made the light come on in the 1st place :yawn:

Guest mark_tsang

yep, brake fluids need toping up. this hapened when the Lexus Altezza was my dads straight after he collecteded it from toyota car dealer after they serviced the car.

I had a similar problem a few weeks back, turned out to be a dodgy brake bulb at the back ( dont forget the handbrake light also lights up when a brake light bulb has gone) took me ages to find the problem, changed the bulb even tho the original one worked ok and it has been fine ever since.

hope this helps

Phil

SUCCESS!!!! dodgy rear brake bulb which i replaced, everthing ok now,got that big wide grin back on my face! spoke to the service manager at lexus and was told only two things can activate this light while in motion,blown/faulty bulb(most common cause),low brake fluid level.Thanks for all the input guys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links