Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replace 2008 side bulbs with leds

Hi Guys

are there instructions / videos on how to replace stock side lights with brighter Leds. Is it an easy task for a non mechanic like myself?

thanks as always

VERY EASY. Just pop the bonnet and locate the bulb you want to change and twist it until it becomes loose, then pull it out of the headlight assembly and remove the bulb from the socket/wire it's attached to and re-fit an LED in it's place. Twist it back into the place you removed it from and then close the bonnet. Job done. If the bulb doesn't light up, reverse the polarity by removing it, rotating it 180 degrees and then re-fitting.

Yes, it's still the same.

I replaced my sidelights with LED bulbs.

Realistically, the only tricky bit is getting access behind the air filter housing and the intake pipe on the drivers side. I had to unbolt the airbox from the car, take the intake feed off the slam panel, then swing the intake pipe out the way to get access. Bit of a faff, but possible. I think it took about 5mins for the passenger bulb and about 20-25 for the drivers side, with most of that unbolting and then rebolting the intake kit.

IMG_20170122_143403-01.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry.....being really thick here. I removed the practice cover and can see the back of the light cluster but how do I remove it to replace the relevant bulb? It looks sealed to me....sorry for not understanding 

There are 2 covers on the back of the lamp unit, each side. The side lights are behind the inner covers (if i remember correctly). There is a metal wire, that you need to lever over and out the way, to release the sealed cap.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links