Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Alpine leather owners - is it cream?

Can anyone with Alpine white leather confirm that the leather isnt exactly white but had a hint of cream in it? 

Just bought the car and I've noticed a side upper bolster repair on one of the back seats that is a million miles away from the colour of the rest of the leather.  The repair is what I would consider to be 'Alpine white' whereas the rest of the car has a hint of cream in the leather...probably not my idea of Alpine white.  I'm wondering whether this is just a bad repair or whether the rest of the car has somehow aged (its a 2013).  I'd take a picture on the phone but I don't think that will truly reflect the colour of the seats.  

I bought the car without having reference to another car nearby with Alpine leather so couldn't really compare unless I was prepared to travel hundreds of miles away.  If anyone could assist I'd be grateful.  

36 minutes ago, ecswtrav said:

Can anyone with Alpine white leather confirm that the leather isnt exactly white but had a hint of cream in it? 

Just bought the car and I've noticed a side upper bolster repair on one of the back seats that is a million miles away from the colour of the rest of the leather.  The repair is what I would consider to be 'Alpine white' whereas the rest of the car has a hint of cream in the leather...probably not my idea of Alpine white.  I'm wondering whether this is just a bad repair or whether the rest of the car has somehow aged (its a 2013).  I'd take a picture on the phone but I don't think that will truly reflect the colour of the seats.  

I bought the car without having reference to another car nearby with Alpine leather so couldn't really compare unless I was prepared to travel hundreds of miles away.  If anyone could assist I'd be grateful.  

It is white.

However, when it gets dirty, it does tend to go creamier so perhaps its just dirt - use a leather cleaner on it to be sure. 

should look like this

112_0806_03z-2008_lexus_IS_f-interior_vi

Thanks Rayaans - mine does look like this..maybe its my monitor but this doesn't look white like the white of this box i'm typing in or the white of a sheet of paper....but I guess Alpine white isn't.   For me...again could be my eyes...but there is a hint of cream on the go.  I've cleaned the leather too - mainly how I spotted the repair as it stood out like a sore thumb and was a mile off the headrest colours and surrounding leather.  I think the whiteness of this repair really made the rest of it look a creamy colour in comparison.   

6 hours ago, ecswtrav said:

Thanks Rayaans - mine does look like this..maybe its my monitor but this doesn't look white like the white of this box i'm typing in or the white of a sheet of paper....but I guess Alpine white isn't.   For me...again could be my eyes...but there is a hint of cream on the go.  I've cleaned the leather too - mainly how I spotted the repair as it stood out like a sore thumb and was a mile off the headrest colours and surrounding leather.  I think the whiteness of this repair really made the rest of it look a creamy colour in comparison.   

Yes the picture is an accurate representation and there is certainly some creaminess to the seats. They aren't pure white like opal white bmw leather for example 

So yes, there may have been a repair where the colour used has been lighter than the original

Easy fix by a good leather and trim expert though. They'll just re colour that area to match

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links