Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX 400h Cigarette Lighter Not Working.

My RX400h cigarette lighter in the dash is not working and the lower socket below is the same, I suspect the fuse is missing or blown, is the fuse solely for the lighters or does it power other components, I've also read that there is a built in fuse in the lighter - is this the case?

I take it the fuse panel is in the drivers footwell above the footrest, is it easy to access or do you need to be a contortionist?

• Like 1

Not sure on the location or access to the fuse box but the fuses are normally listed on the inside of the cover...the cigar lighter fuse is usually listed as CIG and is rated at 7.5A. If it is the fuse causing the problem check both cigar sockets for debris inside them before replacing the blown fuse.

Good advice from Colin and Steve. I'll just add that there's no integral fuse in the lighters, and a suggestion - if you don't actually use it as a lighter, I found it much more useful to take it out and replace with a dual USB socket that I got from eBay:

usb.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Good advice from Colin and Steve. I'll just add that there's no integral fuse in the lighters, and a suggestion - if you don't actually use it as a lighter, I found it much more useful to take it out and replace with a dual USB socket that I got from eBay:

usb.jpg

Is it easy to remove and replace the lighter with the usb outlets?

1 hour ago, acer54 said:

Is it easy to remove and replace the lighter with the usb outlets?

Yes, very easy, but as the saying goes, "a picture paints a thousand words" so rather than try to explain it, this video from Vicki P shows the procedure to get at the lighter. All you have to do after that is to detach the lighter from the trim piece, install the USB socket and reverse the procedure. The rest of the video, from about 15.30, doesn't apply to you.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2018 at 4:41 PM, sorcerer said:

Yes, very easy, but as the saying goes, "a picture paints a thousand words" so rather than try to explain it, this video from Vicki P shows the procedure to get at the lighter. All you have to do after that is to detach the lighter from the trim piece, install the USB socket and reverse the procedure. The rest of the video, from about 15.30, doesn't apply to you.

Thanks for the video, as you say it's a lot easier if you actually see it and it looks very easy!

• Like 1

Update.

Located the fuse box - passenger side footwell (UK model) had to remove the trim panel below the glovebox and spotted the fuse box immediately.

Fuse numbers 75 & 76 - both fuses were blown, replaced them and both sockets now working, charges my phone/tablet without any problems but cigar lighter not working in either sockets, tried another cigar lighter (is working in my is220d) and same result, so will charge phone etc but not power the cigar lighters! 

• Like 1

Update.
Located the fuse box - passenger side footwell (UK model) had to remove the trim panel below the glovebox and spotted the fuse box immediately.
Fuse numbers 75 & 76 - both fuses were blown, replaced them and both sockets now working, charges my phone/tablet without any problems but cigar lighter not working in either sockets, tried another cigar lighter (is working in my is220d) and same result, so will charge phone etc but not power the cigar lighters! 
Have you replaced the fuses with ones of the correct current rating?

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Have you replaced the fuses with ones of the correct current rating?

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

Yes of course blue 15amp fuses.

4 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

Have you tried the suspect lighter in the IS220d?

I have sold it so no chance to check it but the other spare that I have got worked in the is220d and is not working in the RX400h

47 minutes ago, acer54 said:

I have sold it so no chance to check it but the other spare that I have got worked in the is220d and is not working in the RX400h

Oh well, no idea what's going on then, sorry Steve.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links