Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oxygen sensor error can I continue to drive?

I have just got a RH400H 07 registration. MOT two weeks ago and serviced at a non Lexus garage.  The EML warning light came on and my local Tayotta garage advised that the errors were  P0037 oxygen sensor heating control low and P0138 oxygen sensor circuit high voltage. The problem is they can't replace this until next week and I'm going to France for 5 days tomorrow. Is this going to be OK I don't want to break down! Any thoughts or advice would be most welcome. Cheers. 

19 minutes ago, SLACKBLADDER said:

If you bought it from garage take it back  they might give you a loaner for your holiday  or hire one and charge them 

Thanks I didn't buy it from a garage and it's probably too late to get a hire vehicle now as I'm catching and early morning ferry.....

Are you with a recovery service  AA or RAC  just make sure you have a good recovery  service if you intend on taking your car 

Thanks very much for your thoughts. I have AA European cover and forgot to add I had the emissions test done again  today to check if there was a real problem and it passed with a mid range result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim101 said:

Thanks very much for your thoughts. I have AA European cover and forgot to add I had the emissions test done again  today to check if there was a real problem and it passed with a mid range result. 

I drove my GS for a month before changing my 02 sensor and it seemed fine.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links