Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h Service Intervals & a Dilemma!

Mine went in for an intermediate service yesterday and there was no mention of the cabin filter. On the major service last year they asked if I wanted it replaced for £90. I declined as am very low mileage and thought it was a rip off. As an aside does any know if its difficult to change ?  

Mine is due it's minor service and mot and is coming up to 5 years old. I contacted my local Toyota garage and was told they could carry out the service for £185 but couldn't do the hybrid Battery health check. I am now probably going back to lexus which is over 100 mile round trip as their cost is £265 including health check. I can't see any essential service costs yet on the Lexus website for the is300h yet. Has anyone got any further details of these?

45 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Mine went in for an intermediate service yesterday and there was no mention of the cabin filter. On the major service last year they asked if I wanted it replaced for £90. I declined as am very low mileage and thought it was a rip off. As an aside does any know if its difficult to change ?  

Yep that is a rip off. You can pick up a Mann filter from ECP using their offer codes for less than £13. Fitting is dead easy. It's literally in the glove box. 2 minute job.

18 minutes ago, Bob99 said:

Mine is due it's minor service and mot and is coming up to 5 years old. I contacted my local Toyota garage and was told they could carry out the service for £185 but couldn't do the hybrid battery health check. I am now probably going back to lexus which is over 100 mile round trip as their cost is £265 including health check. I can't see any essential service costs yet on the Lexus website for the is300h yet. Has anyone got any further details of these?

I paid £648 for 2 years. Taking the cost of MOTs off at £49 each it's £550. So the price will roughly be around £175-195 for a minor and £355-375 for a major.

And they include the hybrid health check so technically cheaper than Toyota.....

17 minutes ago, Bob99 said:

Thanks Rayaans just booked in at Bolton £175 plus £35 mot. Better than Toyota, just 100 miles round trip instead of 2.

Yes its cheaper to get the MOT separately as you have done. Its because I got the service plan which is fixed. As my Essential care service is next year, would you mind posting up the card thing that you get after the service just so I can see what its like?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links