I haven't driven the car myself for a while (2011 GS450h) but my wife has reported that when she goes around a corner, the audio goes off, the screen shows "Audio Off" and she has to turn it back on again.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and does anyone know whether the warranty will cover fixing it?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Mike Hartland said:

I haven't driven the car myself for a while (2011 GS450h) but my wife has reported that when she goes around a corner, the audio goes off, the screen shows "Audio Off" and she has to turn it back on again.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and does anyone know whether the warranty will cover fixing it?

Thanks

I think that the Warranty specifically excludes audio equipment, but read yours closely to make sure. Good luck.

Don`t forget to ask your wife "how fast are you cornering?"  :):):)

7 hours ago, Mike Hartland said:

Thanks

Sounds like a problem with the clock spring in the steering wheel. If this is the case it is not strictly an audio problem as the clock spring not only carries commands for audio operation, but also safety items such as the horn, and air bag deployment. It would not hurt to point this out if trying to claim under guarantee.

John.

• Like 1

I’ve had a similar problem with audio off and then a cd being ejected.

It’s not been whilst cornering though.

It’s happened a couple of times and the only thing in common on both occasions is that it was a hot day and the air con was on full.

I’ve no idea why it happens.