Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LS600h , not that often used but , this afternoon took her out & switched to Sport mode and Power , went for a spirited drive as the hacks would say ,  it put a huge smile across my mush , but at around 40mph ,  I noticed what I can only describe as engine hiccups , almost a misfire as I was on a flat straight road between a trailing throttle and accelerating gently 

Could this be the electronics switching between Hybrid and Engine mode & not sure which to engage ?? , never noticed it before as I always drive in the "Old man mode" , has any other LS owner experienced this 

I'll take it in and get Lexus to check it out but it had a clean bill of health only a month ago by them , bit odd don't think it was my right foot

To think I almost bought a Bentley , I must have been mad , in my humble opinion the LS is a much more rewarding drive with lots more toys 

48 minutes ago, Gilbert Fudpucker said:

switched to Sport mode and Power , went for a spirited drive as the hacks would say ,  it put a huge smile across my mush , but at around 40mph

Wow! You were pushing the envelope there! 😈 

Sorry couldn't resist 😉

• Haha 1

I've got a 2011 also (and live not too far from you - Newcastle Actually Gilbert Fudpucker) - watch out for 2011 Black LS600h L.....

As for your problems - could be dirty fuel, could be something blocked - a fuel filter perhaps? I would give her a good run on the motorway. and see if it gets better/worse or stays the same. Did you get any dash lights or warnings - might be worth sticking it on an OBDC scanner or taking it to Lexus to see if any fault codes stored etc.

Best of luck - let us know how you get on...

Mike.

Thanks for your thoughts , dirty fuel , hmm certainly not a filter as all changed recently and no dash warnings at all , possible a jolly good blast would do the trick but i'll drop it into Lexus for a check , never happens on my RX450h which made me wonder , but there again the RX doesn't have the Power mode option let alone all the extra horses

Never know we may pass each other on the A1 !! 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links