Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250c Tire pressures and tire a or b selection on computer ?

I've found in the manual the tire pressures for sub 100mph use. 35/38

Do you stick to these pressures ?

Also can someone explain the tire selector a / b on the computer please ?

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I tend to find the recommended pressures work best but it is perfectly OK to experiment with any pressure between the max and min recommended, keeping any front to rear differential whilst  keeping an eye on tyre wear. See what pressures give your preferred ride and handling.

Could the A/B thing be for switching between summer and winter wheel sets? Presumably you have tyre pressure monitoring (actual pressures displayed in the dash)? 

on standard IS250 and 17 inch, and Dunlop SportMaxx RT tyres I found that 35/38 pressures were too low and caused premature wear similar to that of under-inflated tires (wear on the outside). Therefore I was running something closer 38/38 or 38/40. However as you can see from my answer it is very specific to the tyres brand and size. As well I ten to believe IS250C has different weight balance then standard IS250. If you run some other tyres then RT or RT2's , or if you running it son say 18inch wheels my advice might not be applicable.

on standard IS250 and 17 inch, and Dunlop SportMaxx RT tyres I found that 35/38 pressures were too low and caused premature wear similar to that of under-inflated tires (wear on the outside). Therefore I was running something closer 38/38 or 38/40. However as you can see from my answer it is very specific to the tyres brand and size. As well I ten to believe IS250C has different weight balance then standard IS250. If you run some other tyres then RT or RT2's , or if you running it son say 18inch wheels my advice might not be applicable.

Cheers linas. It's on 18s. I've set for factory pressures at Moment but may up a couple of psi. Sub 100mph it says 35/38.

Think 38/40 might be worth a try

I have 18" wheels on my 250 ( 225 on the front and 255 on the rear)and I stick to 35/38psi. I found that was best for my car.

If you go higher then keep a close eye on tyres for greater centre wear. Those tyres tend not be cheap.

It's worth getting decent geometry set up done once you've changed tyres.

Funnily enough normanski I've had the car in today for laser 4 way alignment. I just felt it wasn't quite right on the way home 134 mile journey. Then went to skegvegas on Sunday on country roads.
Tracking was out, not by a huge amount, but enough for me to notice.
Thankfully as I've used this tire place for donkies years I didn't get billed the usual amount..
6fc7d1eb5f26bc5c8b009840b9c80c06.jpg

Hi ,good move on the wheel alignment ,apart from road holding ,prevents uneven wear;I run 36/38 on my is250c  18 in wheels on Goodyear F1asymmetric 3 ,suits me but my wheels are not staggered they are all 225 originally from 300 series .The 2 settings for the TPMS are to switch to another set of wheels and keep original presets for changing back .The warning light illuminates if there is a low pressure but does not show pressures

Dave

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links