Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Indie for hybrids in Oxford area

OldTrout

I have used the same garage for the last 50+ years. Today I discovered that they are now ready to service hybrids. (Oxford City goes emission free in 2020 so they are expecting business to grow.) They can do the hybrid health check (though perhaps not with he insurance that might apply to a Lexus check). They can even service the hybrid Battery. There is a Toyota dealer nearby if the customer wants Toyota stuff - 0W20 oil in my case.

See http://www.summertowngarage.co.uk

I will report after they have done the minor service + MOT on my car at the end of this month.

John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from my minor service + MOT and I have to report total satisfaction.

£222 for everything including the 10L of oil which came to £84. (They gave me the oil that was left from 10L). I have all sorts of print-outs and other helpful stuff. HV Battery in very good shape.

Summertown Garage are located on the north side of Kidlington so if you come from north you are spared the congested mess of potholed roads that is Oxford.

I unreservedly recommend them. (I have no connection other than as happy customer for last 52 years.)

John

1 hour ago, OldTrout said:

Just back from my minor service + MOT and I have to report total satisfaction.

£222 for everything including the 10L of oil which came to £84. (They gave me the oil that was left from 10L). I have all sorts of print-outs and other helpful stuff. HV battery in very good shape.

Summertown Garage are located on the north side of Kidlington so if you come from north you are spared the congested mess of potholed roads that is Oxford.

I unreservedly recommend them. (I have no connection other than as happy customer for last 52 years.)

John

A good price for everything. 

No Hybrid health check ?

John,

Yes. I should have said so as it particular to hybrids. I didn't get a certificate but I did see the voltage test readings for all 20 modules (which you don't get to see with Lexus) and they were all within a tenth of a volt of each other. I didn't get insurance which Lexus would have given. They also load tested the 12V Battery (which looks original to me) at 10.9V. This would be very heavy load simulating a starter motor so way beyond anything it has to do in use.

They also got a fault with a/c system which they could not understand as it obviously worked. Bitprius has kindly explained this to me and I have passed it on to them. The fault comes up if test is done inside with no light/heat falling on the screen. It goes away if tested outside! The car senses the heat falling on each side and uses this to adjust the a/c on each side of the car to suit. Very cunning.

I was very surprised by the bill as the oil and the bits came to more than £100 and then £50 for MOT so the hourly rate is well below £84 which I am told was the average for the Thames Valley a few years ago.

John

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links