Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remove rear seat or not remove rear seat? That is the question!

A job I'll need to do on my Celsior/LS430 in due course is replace a rear shock as it has some oily misting.  I'm happy to do it and knew about it so no problem.  I contacted Lexus Hedge End who quoted £1011 whereas Gatwick quoted £860, both supply only!  I had an online chat with Paul Frost who has a used one for £185.  I'm happy for that if the rear seat didn't have to come out to access the strut tops.  Paul says there's a way round it by reclining the seats fully then two plastic clips are just accessable.  It's getting to these clips that makes removing the whole seat necessary.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Hi Phil, I don't remember the rear seats being too much of a challenge on the LS but there's someone right on your doorstep who would do it.

I'll PM you the number.

• Thanks 1

Phil, if you search on the USA owners club under sub woofer repair there is good detailed information about removing the rear seat. Ignore the post that suggests the trim inside the rear pillar and threshold needs to be removed.

The consensus  is it is indeed not too much of a challenge.

1 hour ago, GrahamG said:

Phil, if you search on the USA owners club under sub woofer repair there is good detailed information about removing the rear seat. Ignore the post that suggests the trim inside the rear pillar and threshold needs to be removed.

The consensus  is it is indeed not too much of a challenge.

Thanks Graham, interesting read and not too daunting.  I've contacted the local guy suggested by Neil who is very familiar with the LS430 and he said he can do the whole job for around £75, including removing the seat.  More than happy with that. He also said he loves doing the cambelt on them having done so many so that's very useful to know.  And on top of that only 5 mins from home!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links