Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front active Stabilizer

Ali00112

Hi guys I’m new to this forum and need help locating a part for 2009 lexus GS450H went to dealers because warning light come up on dash check act. Stabi and was diagnosed with Front active Stabilizer which cost £4800. Can anybody recommend a place to visit or spares place?

part number 48860 30040

29 minutes ago, Ali00112 said:

Hi guys I’m new to this forum and need help locating a part for 2009 lexus GS450H went to dealers because warning light come up on dash check act. Stabi and was diagnosed with Front active Stabilizer which cost £4800. Can anybody recommend a place to visit or spares place?

part number 48860 30040

Thanks Bluesman for the welcome. Hopefully someone will know about it I really need to get this sorted as the light on the dash annoying.

• Like 1

Hi

I have the same fault on my Lexus GS450h Sport 2008. Not happy, with the warning light on the dash either. It came up on mine approx 7 months ago. Lexus Bolton said it may be the front stabilizer ECU, and said that it would cost £2500 for the part. They said they would order one in from Japan and try it to confirm. Been waiting since May, managed to get hold of one through a friend with japanese sources since, and had that fitted. Made no difference so, isn't the ECU. Most likely its the actuator at faulty, like with your car.

I can't believe that Lexus aren't doing something about replacing this part out of courtesy. They are using such an expensive un-serviceable parts and then leaving it to owners to fork out so that they can make a huge profit. 

I'm sure this is a fairly common problem, i think we need to make this publish on facebook etc and then get a few of us together and go back to Lexus Headquarters, to request that they do something about it.

I've been driving the GS models since 1997, on my 4th one now. But to be honest this fault has really made me rethink ever buying a Lexus again, especially one in their hybrid range. We pay out for nice car that's supposed to have reliable tech in it. To be honest i've had a hybrid fault, which they didn't cover under the so called hybrid warranty, even though i get the hybrid checks done 2 times a year. And then on top of that i've got this actuator problem. Was thinking of going for a new used GS300h model. But don't want to be forking out £20k+, only to find 1 yr down the line i'm being quotes £6.5k or 4.5k for parts which have failed. Its a total put off for me. Which is a shame, especially since i've had:

1x Lexus GS300 MkI

2x Lexus GS300 MKII Sports

1x Lexus Gs450h MKIII Sport

Spending around £100k on Lexus. Got to say the older vehicles were solid in terms of build quality and reliability. Not so sure about the GS MKIII onwards though.

Hi 

Lexus did the diagnostic on mine and confirmed its not the ECU its the actual actuator will also upload picture and have quoted me a ridiculous £4800. I am now trying to locate this part which I’m not having a joy with.

I agree we will need to get a few people together and make lexus aware of this issue, Clearly it not good for buisness anyone that gets quoted prices like this will not want to by a lexus again.

What issue did you have with the hybrid as I’ve recently had my lexus serviced and a hybrid health check and was told its covered for a year?

8C16415A-0357-4FAC-A9FE-5802D520B9B7.jpeg

Hi

I've done a post to lexus uk on Facebook this evening, may be worth you doing the same. May help us to get them to do something for us both.

I have the hybrid health checks done at least 2 times a year. Always come out saying everything is fine and i have an extra years warranty.

I went to work, 35 miles away from home. Left work on the Friday evening and drove 2 miles down the road and it came up with a message saying hybrid system fault. I could tell the hybrid system was no longer kicking in. I took the risk to drive back to work rather than joining the motorway and called Lexus. They said I'd have to get the car to them to have checked. I called my breakdown service and they collected me and my car 5hours later and took me home. They also kindly arranged to collect my car on Saturday morning and take it in to Lexus Bolton.

On monday i was told the hybrid system cooling pump need to be changed at a cost of £520ish. When i asked questioned about the hybrid warranty, i was told it didn't cover that part. But the hybrid warranty is supposed to cover the hybrid system, and that is a hybrid system component. The component would surely not be in the car if it wasn't a hybrid car.

Very confused and unhappy, i made the payment and had my car back on the road. You have to be really careful, i think Lexus give the impression that the cover the hybrid system in order to sell the cars, but when you have a real fault, not much is really being covered. People have even had to fork out for new batteries as you will see on the net and the forums.

The active stabilizer actuator, is expensive. I was quoted around £5k without fitting, and apparently it then needs calibrating with your vehicle too. So i wouldnt be surprised if the total bill isn't £6.5k. 

I spoke to my japanese source and he told me he may be able to get a used one for around £2.2-2.5k, but then there's always a risk with used components and i guess special equipment is needed for the calibration, so can only be done at lexus. To be entirely honest, i don't think i'd be willing to pay anything over £1k for the repair. Even though my car is mint and well looked after. i'm scared something else will just let it down. The car seems to drive fine other than the warning light. 

Weirdly enough, if i stop the car and switch it off for a few seconds before joining the motorway, i can drive 30miles straight and no warning light, until i come off onto the normal roads with roundabouts etc.

So just been using it like this for past 6-7 months or so and i do approx 350-400 miles a week commuting to work and back.

18 hours ago, LexCrazy said:

On monday i was told the hybrid system cooling pump need to be changed at a cost of £520ish. When i asked questioned about the hybrid warranty, i was told it didn't cover that part. But the hybrid warranty is supposed to cover the hybrid system, and that is a hybrid system component. The component would surely not be in the car if it wasn't a hybrid car.

No, the hybrid health check warranty only covers the Battery. All other components such as motor, inverter, pumps etc. are not covered.

If this is the pump in the transmission at fault then it can be fixed easily for around £7.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links