Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What! No CarPlay!?!

Habu

AC means it only works the apple CarPlay and not Android Auto. 
I used to have one of these devices and found it worked very well (no longer own the NX).  I never had any issues with CarPlay either wired or wireless using this device. 

The device can be seen in action on this video in my old 2018 NX

https://youtu.be/s_9WSf2c1Tg

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I just got my UX and have attempted to do the CarPlay update myself.

Stick 1 and Stick 2 executed correctly.

Stick 3 got the red error (code 001):

image.thumb.jpeg.a1debe8bf10938ad2cea04b994248944.jpeg

And recovered successfully:

image.thumb.jpeg.c917d5584fa12f59f01f5b62fed7bd5e.jpeg

On second attempt (new stick), it got stuck for 2 hours on "Installing DCU MAIN"  (DCU (REPRO) Vup Completed):

image.thumb.jpeg.bce4f0e0139595b4fdcaecb3239f69d0.jpeg

After 2 hours of wait, it power cycled itself.

I am now on intermediary software versions:

Before:

image.thumb.jpeg.32c5d287fe0180cfe2621c37519c3f74.jpeg

After:

image.thumb.jpeg.06a98ee6e87ec56f504c3569b5fe42aa.jpeg

I am totally lost between what I've read on the forums:

1. can the dealership successfully update it from here?

2. is the system perfectly functional in its current state?

3. the system is to be thrown away and replaced after the red error, based on what I've understood from @AtomAnt?

Thank you!

56 minutes ago, Jozsi said:

Hello,

On second attempt (new stick), it got stuck for 2 hours on "Installing DCU MAIN"  (DCU (REPRO) Vup Completed):

Before:

After:

3. the system is to be thrown away and replaced after the red error, based on what I've understood from @AtomAnt?

Thank you!

Hi, unfortunately, I encountered a similar situation while attempting a DIY update. If your UX is serviced by Lexus or is still under the normal warranty, the dealer may show some empathy and fix this for you. To my knowledge, the only solution is to replace the DCU. I am currently still driving my NX, and since it was last fixed by the dealer (as mentioned in my previous post), everything seems to be fine. My advice to anyone facing a similar issue is to utilize the dealer services, which cost around 80-90 + VAT. If something happens, it becomes their problem!

• Thanks 1

Just now, AtomAnt said:

Hi, unfortunately, I encountered a similar situation while attempting a DIY update. If your UX is serviced by Lexus or is still under the normal warranty, the dealer may show some empathy and fix this for you. To my knowledge, the only solution is to replace the DCU. I am currently still driving my NX, and since it was last fixed by the dealer (as mentioned in my previous post), everything seems to be fine. My advice to anyone facing a similar issue is to utilize the dealer services, which cost around 80-90 + VAT. If something happens, it becomes their problem!

But what kind of disfunctionalities were you experiencing after the red error? My car is not under warranty. 😞

41 minutes ago, Jozsi said:

But what kind of disfunctionalities were you experiencing after the red error? My car is not under warranty. 😞

"Everything should work as is, except for the issue with the WiFi, which tends to stop working based on my experience. However, it's worth mentioning that Lexus doesn't offer a wide range of connected car services, so you're not missing out on much. If the update is successful, it would provide an online map update, but this might come at a cost if you're outside the initial three-year warranty. Additionally, it would include AC and AA functionality. 

If you decide to go the extra mile and source a second-hand DCU (the brain), make sure it's an exact match with the same part number, as there are a few variants. I discovered this during my research when my upgrade failed. One of the text files in the update files contained this information.

To save you time, I extensively searched through various forums, including US Toyota ones, but couldn't find a solution. There was even a Russian forum that discussed moving files around and modifying hex codes, but I believe it's not worth the effort. It's highly likely that you'll end up bricking your unit beyond repair. I apologize for the negative tone, but that's been my personal experience."

• Thanks 1

I am from Romania. It's a 5-day long national holiday here, that's the reason I attempted to the update myself (as I am going on a trip). I'll visit my local dealer once the holiday ends. Thank you!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 6/1/2023 at 2:45 PM, Jozsi said:

Hello,

Before:

After:

Thank you!

Hello guys.

Has anyone managed to solve this issue on their own? I'm also stuck on the third USB flash at the "Installing DCU MAIN" phase (DCU (REPRO) Vup Completed.

Dealers in Poland are charging $400 to resolve this issue, and I would like to save some money.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links