Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Parking sensor issue

Gediredi

34 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Had similar experience but just sprayed WD40 on the sensors as this Refracts moisture and not had any more problems ( Touch Wood ) Hope that helps.. Worth a try !!!

Tried silicon spray but no joy 😞

I could see with the naked eye that one of the sensors' plastic ring around it (believe this is the fascia of the rubbed seal) had slightly been nicked a little, so it could be that. But strangely if I leave the car in the garage for 2+ days - when I come to start her up...all works fine

.....for 5 mins max!

I'm expecting Lexus to wriggle out of the warranty so at least I've got the Camry sensors to fall back on. I believe it would be c£200 fitted when I discussed it with the parts department (before I realised I'm in warranty). I suppose it's worth it to not have to spend half an hour on my back to get the bumper off, but we'll see.

If anyone ever wants to try and DIY, let me know and I'll send a few photies of how-to. - there's a couple of blind bolts at the back of the wheel arch that are an absolute PITA. Also one of the wiring connectors needs herculean strength to prize it from it's housing. 

Ok, so warranty out so on my back I go...!

At least lexus could fault which one it was (and kindly gave me the part number if my AliExpress jobby falls apart). My OBD can only go into 3 modules whereas techsmart can diagnose everything on board.

Trouble is they're saying it's the middle right sensor and I've no idea how to get to it yet. Should be fun finding out! More fun than giving them £300 for an hour's work though 

So this one just by the licence plate. The bumper section comes off to the left. I'm hoping that I can reach it without having to take the sonar cluster out (definitely inviting problems with calibration I'd have thought if I do that)

Anyone tried it?

1716633380327953633289110095088.jpg

Ok. Things we've learnt today:

1) the bumper includes the sonar unit - meaning 3 points of electrical systems need unplugging

2) if you want to completely remove the bumper expect to get wet (windscreen washer connection - don't know why that hadn't occurred to me.

3) the mounting points on the center sensors are easy to remove (luckily it was one of these that were faulty. - ones on the outside I couldn't fathom how to remove so I could at least clean them up

4) even if you buy a part off eBay - triple check it's the right part before you waste a couple of hours of a Saturday 😞 - needless to say it didn't work so I've sent a strongly worded message to the eBay seller

5) be careful with underside clips on the corner points - they come off very easily

Update!

Ordered the correct part (an ebayer breaking down a CHR by the looks of it).

Once again took the front bumper off. Fittest the new sensor, and I get all altogether new error. "Malfunction on parking sensor system, contact dealer".

I guessed that perhaps it's not as plug and play as a part as I thought and I was right. I couldn't clear the error or calibrate it as I don't have tech-stream (think I might invest in a hooky copy of the software for the future though).

So back to lexus so they can plug it in and press a couple of buttons and magic, works a treat!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links