Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tracking and tyre wear IS300h

On 2/3/2023 at 4:57 PM, Mr_Groundhog said:

Right so I finally got the bushings from Japan and I had them installed this morning!

I have to say the car's front feels a bit more connected to the ground on roundabouts and when braking. It isn't draatic but the steering feels somewhat better (and it isn't psicosomatic). I have also requested to run a tiny bit of toe in in the front. The only bad news is that the rear camber isn't adjustable so I will have to live with that imbalance (should I worry?)

I have also noticed that the transmission & arms tend to rust: is this normal for all of you too? It's not that I'm looking for reasons to worry but ideally I would like to keep this car for a long time and I can be a bit obsessive about care sometimes. 🙂

IMG_4288 copy.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_4275.JPG

IMG_4284.JPG

new rubber shaft/diferential joint installed!? 

3 hours ago, Digifant said:

Simply looks like newly fitted. Just asking because mine has a cracks and I wonder if it's a common issue of this model.

Oh I see! Sorry I didn't get what you meant. 😃 Surely the car would take it as a compliment! ....but no, as far as I know they're stock. The car is 4years but low mileage (18k when I got it, 20k now) maybe that's why

• 1 year later...

Apologies more thread resurrection. Took my car to have 2 new rear tyres fitted and a 4 wheel alignment. Techie told me they can't do the alignment checks if the car has ADAS as latter needs to be recalibrated. 

Note sure if my car has it, and whether that's the case or not...? 

26 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

If the suspension geometry is being reset to factory values then why would the ADAS system need recalibrating?

I can't understand that either, but didn't want to argue the toss with them at the time. Tbh I was taken aback, it's not usual for an indie garage workshop to decline to do some work, usually the other way round

Update: this might explain why the garage declined: https://caradas.com/wheel-alignment-adas-best-practice/ but still, returning it back to factory settings should mean that ADAS works better, the implication is that hitting potholes etc and kncoking it out means your ADAS becomes unuseable / unsafe??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links