Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accidental Owner..

Onslow

Hello!

Well as a bit of a car trader I picked up a 2007 IS 220D with all the bells and whistles for my stock, due to the present situation nothings going to sell (my choice) I have been using the Lexus and like it that much I've bought it off myself! Love it 😍. This particular motor has been so well looked after its a keeper.

Look forward to chatting with you Guys.

Thanks Steve😀

20200320_140549.jpg

20200320_140742.jpg

• Like 1

hahahahahahaha,..................  you may keep it for a very long time then

My first Ls400 I acquired in exactly the same position as you, but some 20 years ago now

took it in as a stock car to my then car sales business and with silly petrol prices and no money around it just wouldn't sell .....  so i just kept it for myself and have had a Ls400 as my main car every day since .......  now on my third at 229k miles and having travelled in blissful comfort and with sublime power .,.................. maybe covering some 250k miles in that time

:yahoo:

Malc

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Malc said:

hahahahahahaha,..................  you may keep it for a very long time then

My first Ls400 I acquired in exactly the same position as you, but some 20 years ago now

took it in as a stock car to my then car sales business and with silly petrol prices and no money around it just wouldn't sell .....  so i just kept it for myself and have had a Ls400 as my main car every day since .......  now on my third at 229k miles and having travelled in blissful comfort and with sublime power .,.................. maybe covering some 250k miles in that time

:yahoo:

Malc

TBH Lexus had never appealed to me but then again I had never looked properly before this came in. Always knew they were a well built quality Toyota but saw them as an old mans car. But then again I am an old man 🤣🤣

Congratulations and welcome to the LOC Steve,hoping you find the forum educational and informative,Lexus cars tend to be rather unrated and don't seem to get the credit they deserve,probably a good thing as I prefer being different and wouldn't want to be seen dead in a merc,bm,or audi,although that is beginning to gradually change with more people beginning to realise how good they are 🙂👍

I’ve thought about this too and my wife says The Lexus is an old mans car because They aren’t usually in a bright colour or “cute” but nothing I seem to like is bright or cute, silver is bright I guess.

still, horses got horses and I’m the one who will be driving it.

your car looks great and with a good service history I guess you’re in for happy motoring!! 👍🏻

1 hour ago, scudney said:

Congratulations and welcome to the LOC Steve,hoping you find the forum educational and informative,Lexus cars tend to be rather unrated and don't seem to get the credit they deserve,probably a good thing as I prefer being different and wouldn't want to be seen dead in a merc,bm,or audi,although that is beginning to gradually change with more people beginning to realise how good they are 🙂👍

LOL.. I'll try not to use our BM or Audi. Seriously I know exactly what you mean, the quality of the Lexus are superior to both and considering this is 13 years old its amazing 😃

16 minutes ago, Steve-O said:

I’ve thought about this too and my wife says The Lexus is an old mans car because They aren’t usually in a bright colour or “cute” but nothing I seem to like is bright or cute, silver is bright I guess.

still, horses got horses and I’m the one who will be driving it.

your car looks great and with a good service history I guess you’re in for happy motoring!! 👍🏻

Damn right! 👍

Looks really nice.

I bought myself a 2006 IS 220D with high miles and had it for 19 months until the head gasket went at 187,000.

I loved the build quality, safety, and the Lexus brand but not engine and poor 32- 40mpg economy. Mine was a basic spec. Loved the style and colour and comfort. Not turbo lag.

I have now bought a Toyota Auris Hybrid estate

I hope yours serves you much better than mine did.

James.

1 hour ago, JamesIS220 said:

Looks really nice.

I bought myself a 2006 IS 220D with high miles and had it for 19 months until the head gasket went at 187,000.

I loved the build quality, safety, and the Lexus brand but not engine and poor 32- 40mpg economy. Mine was a basic spec. Loved the style and colour and comfort. Not turbo lag.

I have now bought a Toyota Auris Hybrid estate

I hope yours serves you much better than mine did.

James.

This has 110k miles on it but has been well serviced, its giving me about 29mpg just tatting around but not taken it on a run yet. Yes the lag can catch you out but got used to picking the gears at the right time. The sound system is amazing in it.

Steve

2 hours ago, Onslow said:

This has 110k miles on it but has been well serviced, its giving me about 29mpg just tatting around but not taken it on a run yet. Yes the lag can catch you out but got used to picking the gears at the right time. The sound system is amazing in it.

Steve

At least the mileage is low-ish. Mine was well looked after but very high miles.174,000 when bought, serviced every year from year 4 by independent. Perfect MOT history. Mine didn't have the ML sound system and was still very good. Apparently pioneer equipment.

I should of bought an IS 250, but road tax rather high. I like Lexus but chose Toyota as had a hybrid estate I liked that is ÂŁ0 road tax as pre April 2017 and great economy. I wish Lexus would do an affordable to tax and run estate!

James.

11 hours ago, JamesIS220 said:

Lexus would do an affordable to tax and run

affordability is in the eye of the owner for sure ...  chasing amazing mpg and road tax sometimes avoids the obvious affordability of very low maintenance and on-going costs like that

running a Ls400 for me has been magically affordable with tiny maintenance costs when compared to what i hear and know  of comparable BMW and Audi and Mercs, Bentley and RRs

coming back to an affordable estate, I know I saw a Lexus estate a while back ( an old one I'm sure ) and there are a raft of Toyota estates too i imagine .......  they would be " affordable " to run and maintain I'm sure

I'm not too sure however that Lexus / Toyota ever perfected a sensible diesel engine that would last the course

NOW the vehicle to get is the Lexus Land Cruiser for sure  .. I posted on here a while back seeing one on a tv programme going across the Andes or summat like that :yahoo:

btw my road tax is just the old fashioned £ 265 ??? 

guess I'm one of the " lucky ones " having experienced two decades of sublime motoring

Malc

5 hours ago, Malc said:

affordability is in the eye of the owner for sure ...  chasing amazing mpg and road tax sometimes avoids the obvious affordability of very low maintenance and on-going costs like that

running a Ls400 for me has been magically affordable with tiny maintenance costs when compared to what i hear and know  of comparable BMW and Audi and Mercs, Bentley and RRs

coming back to an affordable estate, I know I saw a Lexus estate a while back ( an old one I'm sure ) and there are a raft of Toyota estates too i imagine .......  they would be " affordable " to run and maintain I'm sure

I'm not too sure however that Lexus / Toyota ever perfected a sensible diesel engine that would last the course

NOW the vehicle to get is the Lexus Land Cruiser for sure  .. I posted on here a while back seeing one on a tv programme going across the Andes or summat like that :yahoo:

btw my road tax is just the old fashioned £ 265 ??? 

guess I'm one of the " lucky ones " having experienced two decades of sublime motoring

Malc

I think the only Lexus estate is the IS200 Estate. Not seen any in person but out there. I also like the Lexus Land Cruiser. Oh so nice.

The LS400, must be their best model for quality, reliability and ease of maintenance. Like the twin front lights.

I bought a Toyota Auris Hybrid estate. It wasn't cheap though, but zero road tax and 60mpg.

I also have a 1996 Volvo 940 as my work vehicle. I'm self employed in property maintenance. Had the Volvo for 4 years and totally reliable petrol automatic. ÂŁ250 buy. It's now done 203,000 miles. Needs AC leak fixing and electric sunroof leaks like a sieve and body needs some paint due to previous owners scraping the rear quarter panel. I'll probably do it in the lockdown!

The road tax is the same ÂŁ265.00 a year. 2.3 Litre low pressure turbo. B230FK engine.

For the last 21 years I have driven old Volvo RWD cars. Like 240, 740, 940. You cant beat them for reliability and ease of self maintenance. 

James.

Volvo 940.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links