Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone recommend a dog guard that extends and fits from rear passenger footwell to ceiling. Essentially fitted behind front seats, preventing access to front seats with the rear seats folded down. I’m looking at this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bettacare-Deluxe-Fit-Any-Barrier/dp/B07RRTW41H  

A friend mentioned the other day that according to the Highway Code, dogs must not be able to access the front seats or be loose in the car. A dog guard - harness - cage should be used otherwise if there is an accident you could be liable if the dog distracts or causes the driver to have an accident. I must be honest I have not checked yet. My Labrador now goes in a large cage.

Also try Argos

https://www.argos.co.uk/search/dog-guard/?clickOrigin=searchbar:home:term:dog+guard

The oficial Lexus dog guard is bolted to the floor behind the seats and into the load cover side supports, goes from floor to roof, and the rear seats can be folded leaving the dog guard behind. It is a substantial piece of kit, but expensive - Lexus Parts Direct price £251 discounted from £314.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rx/lexus-rx-phase-iii-2009-2015/lexus-rx-3-accessories/lexus-rx-phase-3-dog-guard/

I have recently purchased a 63 reg RX450h which had a Lexus dog guard fitted (by Lexus Tunbridge Wells) in 2018 which I won't be using so will be willing to sell, so if of interest please message me (I won't be asking £251.00).

Quite sure the amazon one is not designed to fit and won't fit behind the front seats.

Hi Marty

Sorry for delay in answering but in a very dodgy wifi area atm.

No it won't fit behind the front seats because the dedicated mounting points are just behind the rear seats.

I don't know of any dog guard that can be modified to fit behind the front seats in a RX to be able to give the safety and the security of any dogs carried in the boot.

With the proper guard your car wont suffer any damage - worth the money.

Just as a matter of interest, what kind of dog do you have? 

Thanks 

Ken c

Hi Marty

Well if you want ultimate safety and security for your dogs (and your car and back seats) my dog guard is up for sale, its obviously in perfect condition.

Its the kind of thing that if by any chance it doesnt work for you and your dogs, it will be easy for you to sell on at a similar price as what you pay for it.

Let me know if you want it.

Thanks  Ken C.

48 minutes ago, WipeOut said:

We have a Travall dog guard which is nicely made, and looks near identical to the original Lexus one.

Have just taken a look - they look really good and SAFE. Pity they do not do a divider for a Lexus, as that would be handy!

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 10:26 AM, Ken Crawley said:

Hi Marty

Well if you want ultimate safety and security for your dogs (and your car and back seats) my dog guard is up for sale, its obviously in perfect condition.

Its the kind of thing that if by any chance it doesnt work for you and your dogs, it will be easy for you to sell on at a similar price as what you pay for it.

Let me know if you want it.

Thanks  Ken C.

Finally got a chance to fit the dog guard. Very reassuring to know the dogs can’t clamber over. Thanks again

FCD97FCA-F344-44DB-BD33-287F09BC1913.jpeg

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 1:42 PM, Ken Crawley said:

The oficial Lexus dog guard is bolted to the floor behind the seats and into the load cover side supports, goes from floor to roof, and the rear seats can be folded leaving the dog guard behind. It is a substantial piece of kit, but expensive - Lexus Parts Direct price £251 discounted from £314.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rx/lexus-rx-phase-iii-2009-2015/lexus-rx-3-accessories/lexus-rx-phase-3-dog-guard/

I have recently purchased a 63 reg RX450h which had a Lexus dog guard fitted (by Lexus Tunbridge Wells) in 2018 which I won't be using so will be willing to sell, so if of interest please message me (I won't be asking £251.00).

Quite sure the Amazon one is not designed to fit and won't fit behind the front seats.

Will the Travall dog guard fit my Lexus RX 400h (2006)?

On 10/11/2020 at 10:10 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

Out of interest what make is it?  Travall?

On 10/11/2020 at 10:10 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

Out of interest what make is it?  Travall?

On 9/18/2020 at 12:58 PM, WipeOut said:

We have a Travall dog guard which is nicely made, and looks near identical to the original Lexus one.

Will the Travall dog guard fit my Lexus RX 400h (2006) and where did you purchase it? Was it expensive?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links