Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Passenger side mirror - memory position issue

Hi all,

I've got a niggly issue with my passenger side mirror.

Recently, I've been driving on the motorway and realised that my passenger side mirror position has changed from where I have it set. Odd. So, I thought let me set the position again and synchronise it with the memory position 1 on my door.

I drive again recently and notice it's moved again. This goes on for a week or so and I've realised why the issue is happening, but I'm unsure how to fix it. To be on the safe side, I've also synced my key to the unlock procedure, just in case it was an old setting was recalled when unlocked. A very cool feature by the way too 😎

Basically, when I put the car into reverse, the side mirrors dip. But the passenger mirror doesn't go back to it's original position when going back into drive. It's not wildly wrong, but it's definitely not what I've set it to.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I've trying recalling the memory function while parked, but it still doesn't go back to what I've set it to. It is almost as if the dipped mirror function makes the mirror lose where it used to be. Only affects the passenger side too.

Thoughts and fixes welcome.

36 minutes ago, chr15gb said:
Mine does that too.
It's on my list of things to do.  Seems the gearing is dirty. Strip down, clean, grease, resssemble. 

Thanks, I will look into doing this too. If you see a guide or a topic about it, post it here please.

I'll have a search in the meanwhile.

I've found this post which answers my question along with the attached TSB:

BO-0061L-1108-EN_IR.pdf

The topic below is from 2015, if you look down the posts there is a link to Club Lexus which provides a comprehensive repair post.

The position sensor is a common culprit for which a good clean and a dose of electrical contact cleaner can sort the problem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

The topic below is from 2015, if you look down the posts there is a link to Club Lexus which provides a comprehensive repair post.

The position sensor is a common culprit for which a good clean and a dose of electrical contact cleaner can sort the problem.

Thanks for that, I think the link on your post looks to be my current one?

Appreciate the advice, I think I've also found some info as I've edited my last post.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links