Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Conquest

ALAW

Hi Folks

Conquest that is the term used i believe by the car manufacturer, when a new new customer purchases one of their vehicles from another manufacturer. Anyhow first post to introduce myself. Ive been lurking around for about a year now and got to say you seem a friendly lot. I took delivery of the UX in September having traded in a Audi A3 sportback 1.4TFSI auto. I wanted a hybrid and Toyota do make the best hybrid engines. I saw a UX in a car park immediately liked the look of it and the size. Took two test drives and eventually got one. I looked at all your contributions on the LOC to help make my decision and make me a conquest so thanks to all of you. Hoping i can contribute in the years to come. One word of warning you will find im a late poster mostly after 10pm. It will take me a bit of time to get up to speed learning how to use the forum so go easy on me for a bit.

Brent.

8 hours ago, ALAW said:

Hi Folks

Conquest that is the term used i believe by the car manufacturer, when a new new customer purchases one of their vehicles from another manufacturer. Anyhow first post to introduce myself. Ive been lurking around for about a year now and got to say you seem a friendly lot. I took delivery of the UX in September having traded in a Audi A3 sportback 1.4TFSI auto. I wanted a hybrid and Toyota do make the best hybrid engines. I saw a UX in a car park immediately liked the look of it and the size. Took two test drives and eventually got one. I looked at all your contributions on the LOC to help make my decision and make me a conquest so thanks to all of you. Hoping i can contribute in the years to come. One word of warning you will find im a late poster mostly after 10pm. It will take me a bit of time to get up to speed learning how to use the forum so go easy on me for a bit.

Brent.

Welcome Brent to L.O.C.

Did you give any consideration to other Hybrid vehicles or perhaps Phevs ?

It will be helpful if you can tell us why you really left Audi. Don`t they claim to be as frugal as Lexus on some of their models? Are they expensive to maintain, were they reliable, how good were their dealers, how good was their Customer Service etc ?

Which Lexus Dealer did you use to buy the UX?

I read one of your contributions to another thread earlier this morning and was really impressed at your ability to find and refer to and use the Handbook. You can teach some of us a lot ! Was this a necessary task with the Audi or were you always a sensible, structured and thoughtful person ?

Anyway have 100 points for your enthusiasm and we look forward to more contributions from you, albeit after 10pm.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, royoftherovers said:

Welcome Brent to L.O.C.

It will be helpful if you can tell us why you really left Audi. Don`t they claim to be as frugal as Lexus on some of their models? Are they expensive to maintain, were they reliable, how good were their dealers, how good was their Customer Service etc ?

I read one of your contributions to another thread earlier this morning and was really impressed at your ability to find and refer to and use the Handbook. You can teach some of us a lot ! Was this a necessary task with the Audi or were you always a sensible, structured and thoughtful person ?

Anyway have 100 points for your enthusiasm and we look forward to more contributions from you, albeit after 10pm.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, royoftherovers said:

Welcome Brent to L.O.C.

Welcome Brent to L.O.C.

Evening and thanks for reply John.

Yes i did consider other Hybrids not really lit a spark for me. I did a test drive on a Honda HRV auto with a cvt box with the intention that they would be introducing the Hybrid in this model to the UK. However ive got to say wasn't impressed with the CVT very loud. Regarding the plug in hybrid electric vehicle i didn't consider one i thought the majority were expensive and to be honest you didn't seem to get a lot of electric miles putting that against the cost of charging etc. On leaving Audi i thought the customer service was appalling and ive had VW and thought the same. The auto box was a DSG but they call it something else to be fair it performed ok, but im sure your aware its fatally floored usually after around 30k miles. The engine was one of the best VAG have ever made along with the 1.9TDI. However they dont make it now superseded with a 1.5 tfsi and they have had huge problems with that engine coupled to the DSG box. Got to say the 1.4TFSI was very frugal excellent i had it in a golf i had thats why i went for it in the Audi a very good engine. Strange they don't make it now. I used Hull Lexus and they were 1st class 5 star service as they say experience amazing. I had a Carina years ago and did star trek mileage excellent vehicle my mate had a Avensis swore by it. So ive gone for Lexus in hope of longevity reliabilty and good service. I must be turning Japanese. By the way i copied and pasted only way i could think off. Stay safe

Brent

A lovely response, many thanks Brent.

I must say that all of your experiences with VW mirror all that I  have read. A sad state of affairs with poor dealers, customer service. DSG boxes failing, 1.5 engines. And your views of Lexus Hull mirrors what others have said too.

Enjoy the World of Lexus. Lexus

So far so good for me.

1993 I bought a Saab. Next dozen cars exclusively Saab (mostly pre General Motors).

2020 bought a Lexus, feeling like a deserter.

Not really sure it counts as a conquest, more a logical next step.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links