Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear window condensation - parcel shelf mod

16 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Hi John, did you buy it in 1ke size? I have one desiccant which is a bit small I would say and I have been using it for the last 4 years if not more, so probably good time to change. The one I have is reusable, I can dry it in microwave and put it back in the car, because it sounds above like I used 1 bag for 4 years non-stop! 🙂

Hi Mike, mostly it is a rear window that has condensation on so I think I need one, it won't heart to have one anyway, I guess.

I bought 2 Keplin one kg bags Vlady. I believe that they are designed to absorb moisture from the air in the vehicle and not to prevent or minimise leaks.It says on the box that they can be used for at least 12 months.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I bought 2 Keplin one kg bags Vlady. I believe that they are designed to absorb moisture from the air in the vehicle and not to prevent or minimise leaks.It says on the box that they can be used for at least 12 months.

Yes John, this is the one I am looking at to buy. At the moment the price for one bag is £14,49 or £25.49 for 2 bags. I need it for absorbing the moisture not to stop a leak. 🙂

Thank John, I will keep an eye on Keplin!

18 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Yes John, this is the one I am looking at to buy. At the moment the price for one bag is £14,49 or £25.49 for 2 bags. I need it for absorbing the moisture not to stop a leak. 🙂

Margaret bought it on her Prime account and I thought she told me they were £20 for two. I could have misheard !

2 hours ago, Vlady said:

Just been told Vlad that we paid what you quoted. My mistake, sorry.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Just been told Vlad that we paid what you quoted. My mistake, sorry.

Johh, thanks for clarifying, it could £20 if she managed to get them at special offer which I am hoping for. 🙂

Tbh, even £25 is not bad for 2off 1kg bags of desiccant. Thanks John.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

Why this method of entry?  Does your boot not open or is potholing a hobby? 🙂 

😂 It was tipping it down that hard opening the boot would have let the rain in, too many false positives. Going in from the rear seating area, any visible moisture around the boot area was only going to be what had seeped/leaked in. I’m sure the neighbours thought lockdown had finally driven me crazy 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Just ordered 2 bags of 1kg Keplin desiccant bags from Amazon, £25.49 at the moment.

More than enough, mine stays clear with just 1 bag.  I originally bought mine after a bottle of lime cordial (Christmas snowballs) disgorged its contents in the boot.  A lot of mopping up plus I also sprayed ACF-50 all around the HV Battery compartment.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

More than enough, mine stays clear with just 1 bag.  I originally bought mine after a bottle of lime cordial (Christmas snowballs) disgorged its contents in the boot.  A lot of mopping up plus I also sprayed ACF-50 all around the HV battery compartment.

Mike, I ordered 2 as will be putting one in my wifes car. Our cars end up quite often with wet mats (I have rubber mats so water stays on top), my two girls are making sure of it with their wellies! 🙂

They still learn how to respect the car! 🙂

• Like 2

****SOLVED! 👍🏻

So, in making the boot lid as light as possible (probably due to the added weight of the hybrid battery), it’s easy for people not in the know to assume it is a normal weight boot lid and slam it shut. So slamming over a period of years + thin panels and weld joints = cracks. At first I found a drop of water on the back of the light enclosure, the light fitting nuts were a bit loose plus water marks clearly showing on the top of the light fitting and foam pad. Then the crack caught my eye, problem spotted. Good old bit of silicone in the cracked joint, think my condensation issue finally done and dusted now.

C933FD97-C863-4C74-8F8D-C04638895AA5.jpeg

03589078-171C-4BFE-A6AD-C509E6AC9160.jpeg

DE08C21C-0C87-43C5-823B-60A820421FC9.jpeg

BCF66A84-A6E9-44EA-BF7E-219730C9D04C.jpeg

AFC98110-20D7-4711-A6F2-84260E7F7EAB.jpeg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, soundria said:

Enabling rear area heating/ventilation will probably solve this problem. You can do it from the dash panel.

Is there a ventilation for the rear window?! I know of course about the heating, need to check regards ventilation.

58 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Is there a ventilation for the rear window?! I know of course about the heating, need to check regards ventilation.

😉😉In my 450h Vlady, the vents behind my rear seats are designed to allow cooling of the Hybrid Battery.(so the Handbook tells me) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

😉😉In my 450h Vlady, the vents behind my rear seats are designed to allow cooling of the Hybrid Battery.(so the Handbook tells me) 

Probably this is what I have John, what I understood is that you can manually switch on or direct ventilation onto the rear window. I checked handbook too John and couldn't find anything like that i.e manual air redirection.

• 1 year later...

Some new small cracks found today, thought I would recheck as winter is coming. This time there is one behind the right light cluster too. Both now silicone sealed.

20221008_114953.jpg

20221008_114959.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links