Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help please help '06 IS250 inner tie rod replace (d.i.y)

34 minutes ago, Lexley said:

Yessir! Wife throwing subtle hints of “you bought a lemon “. Told her the car going nowhere. Just a few small annoyances, overall a nice clean car. 

If life hands you a lemon make lemonade 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

The rub of it is - the mechanic probably won't undo the outer ball joint - he'll just wind the rod into the track rod end until it looks right and then set the tracking. 

Just an update:

Took the car to mechanic this morning, ask him how much to fit tie rods(which i supply) and do tracking. 120 euros. I went and bought a ball joint tool(25euros) from the motor factor next door and did the job myself. Just counted the amount of turns when i removed the outer tie rod. Took car for a test drive, steering is nice and centre. I'll take the car for tracking @35euros. Tnx guys for all your input. Now looking for a silver front bumper bottom lip, bought car without it...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johnatg said:

Result! Well done. 

Can't help with the lip - are there local car scrap dealers? 

Tnx! Ye, tried all over in Ireland. Oem ones seems to be hard to find second hand. Will check eBay again. Cheers!

Your not the only one who bought an is250 without the bottom spoiler lip. Lexus parts direct. Colour matched. Ok it cost about £160 but hey ho mistakes happen. Look under the front bumper lip just to make sure what nuts, fixings etc there are. Luckily all mine where there except 2 But so longs as the very outer two bolts are there and 3 others in the middle then you'll be ok coz the top clips hold the lips, oh and the bottom spoiler lip is in 2 parts by the way, superbly. I only did that job week before last. Get original from Lexus parts direct coz chances are any from a scrapper will be fecked. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links