Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blimey! It's Been A While

Hi all,

I imported an Altezza 2 years ago and it had the Bridgestone Grid II on them. They had a great grip but had to change them after a year cos one got damaged by a nail so decided to get Toyo Proxis (which are still on the car). The Toyos are great. Have served me very well, and the fronts still have 3 mm on the sides but 7 mm in the middle (crazy). Back is even at 4mm. I need to change them in a couple of months time.

Proplem is, I can't find those Bridgestone Grid II anywhere here as they are made in Japan. Checked the takakaira site but no joy. I wouldn't mind ordering them from Japan but can anyone help with contacts please? Or should I buy the Bridgestone Potenza. Has anyone used the Grid II before? The Grid IIs weren't new when I got the car but still manged 15K miles before the change and still had just under 3mm. Don't know how quickly the Potenza wares.

What do you recommend. I would be greatful if you could help.

TA

T

As the Bridgestone Grid II are not available in Europe they may not have 'E' marking and would therefore be illegal to use in the UK.

You said the Toyos are great, why not stick with them?

If you are going for Potenza make sure it's the SO-3 PP not the rubbish RE040.

yeah, they do not have the EU approved mark on them. But I also wonder how it managed to get here and pass an SVA Test too.

The reason why I want to change is I was adviced during service to stick to Bridgestone when the toyos wear out, and since I had a good experience in the Grid II, I was wondering whether to get them again or use the Potenza.

Cheers for the RE040 info. I would have just asked for a Potenza without quoting the S0 33 P. Whats the difference.

The SO-3 pole position are Bridgestone's top tyre and one of the best on the market for performance.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/max.jsp

The RE040 are a catagory below and don't compare well with the competition:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/uhp.jsp

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links