Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chips Not Away

eds

Recently had the bonnet of my plat ice 200 done by chips away: Found them to be quite professional but was not that chuffed with results as in colour match was good but you could still tell that there was a chip there. Maybe i was expecting too much. Can anybody rec anything better? Has anybody had a complete bonnet respray done? Cheers all.

Had mine done too. Another very important thing is that the bonnet is properly rubbed down before being painted. If it isn't you will still see the chips if you look closely where they have just been painted over which isn't good :(

The guy who done mine said its really difficult to get all the chips rubbed out. I'm very happy with mine. Match and finish is spot on.

Gavin :)

I've had nothing but fantastic service with Chips away. Used them twice on the lex (Kensignton green) and the results were superb!

I think it depends on the skill of the person.

Don't forget that you know where the chip was.... Most people will not be able to tell at all

Scraped my front bumper the other day just because I was an hour late for work and one and only parking space left, and had to park against a wall. Then scraped the left corner of the bumper.

The first layer of paint had been scraped off, but it’s a very small area.

Do you reckon I can get away with it by paint spray that part of the area or would the whole bumper needs a paint spray?

Has anyone had their front bumper resprayed?

How much did it cost you?

When I got my IS, there was a big deep chip on the front of the roof. Whoever Lexus Brighton used got it sorted perfectly as even I cannot see where it was done - and I knew where it was!

I thought they had a similar guarentee to Dentmasters etc, whereby if they don't get the dent/chip fully out then they don't charge?

I think it was about £40, that was about 6 months ago so shouldn't imagine prices have gone up much if at all. The chap was very thorough and the 40quid was for hole bonnet regardless of number of individual chips. He also threw in a pot of touch up paint for nothing. Bear in mind as per my original post and from own experience, the deeper ones tend to still be noticeable albeit better. Although Woggledog made a very valid point:-

'Don't forget that you know where the chip was.... Most people will not be able to tell at all'

Went to see local Chipsaway bloek saturday about my front bonnet etc. They say they have a standard bonnet fee of about £90 or the whole front end (bonnet, wings, bumper) with unlimited chips at £125.

Problem is they say they only aim for about a 60% improvement. Close up they may still be noticeable.

All in all, I think I am gonna see about a front end respray. Any ideas of costs and a decent spray shop near Basingstoke or SE London would be appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links