Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trunk without spare tire?

Boersma

I've a SC430 2007 with in the trunk a spare wheel but when I was in Italy I saw a 2006 with in the trunk no spare wheel but under the trunk mat a jack and some other tools. My question if this is a 2006 sc430 and has it a 6 speed transmission. 

I have a 2007 SC and mine has a lift up half moon piece of foam which contains the tyre inflator and sealant. Without this in place a space saver tyre could be 20211024_120130.thumb.jpg.2f292ff8dd92025fa49ddce47de572e2.jpgfitted vertically but this would impinge upon the already limited boot space. I believe a 2006 model year will have the 6 speed automatic box.

20211024_120054.thumb.jpg.cea2f27656cf6dc814c745bc0f420778.jpg

Exactly the same I've seen but do you know if it's by country they change because the one I've seen came from Italia and in The Netherlands only with spare tire?

Probably a late SC430 model because mine is from October 2007 and without. Thanks for the info.

I believe small variations in specifications are linked with the destination where the vehicle is being marketed.

We look at changes from our spec whereas you will possibly look at different aspects of the car. You are obviously observant of the boot and spare wheel provision.

I am aware of the change in rear bumper (number plate area shorter in length to accept a square plate and no preperation for rear fog guard lamps) and addition of indicators in the sides of front and rear bumpers in the American spec.

20210901_164341.thumb.jpg.0885774c6fd88a4d22b85c8083396d93.jpgAlso changes in the Japanese spec around sat nav etc.

I'm sure others will have noted other things!

• Like 1

Yes the specification and trim options vary by year and market. Some didn't have sat Nav at all and in Japan they were still considered a Soarer until 2005/6.

The UK spec car originally had dreadful runflat tyres. Most had the emergency 'tyre-weld' repair kit. A space-saver wheel does take up a bit of room but I consider it essential for serious touring.

• Like 1

I looked at a second-hand SC430 here in Italy in 2008 or 2009 and, if I remember right, it was a 2006 model.  My recollections are vague but I am sure of the following:

* It had an automatic gearbox               * It did not have run-flats, which were    an optional not recommended by the dealer because they gave a bad ride  
* Nor did it have a spare tyre, but only a repair kit housed together with other tools in a dedicated compartment under the boot mat.  I think it was the same as in Lexiguy’s photos                                               
 * It certainly had SatNav

• Like 1

Like Neil said, there are significant specification changes depending on build date and vehicle destination.

I believe that the UK was the only country who were unfortunate enough to be given runflats as standard spec! The majority of vehicles have now changed from them to better alternatives!

I suppose the best thing to do is to thoroughly check any potential purchase because even supplying garages don't know the spec. I was told mine did not have Bluetooth telephone but it does! I gambled believing it did and sure enough it did have it.

I would say to anyone searching for an SC, just have fun in the search!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Where do you guys buy your tires anyway? I found here some reviews about Big O Tires. Who knows something about them? Was your experience positive or negative? Looking forward to your answers.

Hi Steve

I've not heard of Big O but that's not surprising as we don't have them in the UK. Although we do have Black circles and etyres who are very competitive on price.

I go to a local tyre shop armed with the knowledge of what I would pay online and they get pretty close. 

They are a very friendly group of guys who are very happy for me to call in with any of my cars regularly to have a free tyre check and pressure check  

I think that level of service makes them the best value for me and if any of you guys out there can find that locally it's got to be a winner!

Anthony

20210728_141151.thumb.jpg.0cc0997733fc396d8b089c82429822ee.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links