Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Showed the Toyota bz on NHK World Japan today, being all electric suv that should be avaiable next summer as the forerunner of a new range but didn't say if it would be in UK then. Interesting that the solar encapsulated roof will help keep the Battery charged.  I think you can see the influence of the RX in it but those great black wheel arch extensions look auwful to me, although maybe practical if you live on a farm or like going off road!  It will be interesting to see how Lexus better it.  Anyway, for anybody else like me not previously aware, here are some details and pics.  What do you think?Here is the 4 wheel version.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/world-of-toyota/bz4x/#/gallery/3060-2384029-4/3

• Like 3

I do like the centre console treatment. Real buttons for the HVAC controls rather than touch-screen buttons. The only downside is the gloss black fingerprint fest. They need a special cubby for the polishing cloth... 

The exterior is typical Japanese styling at the moment. Too many angles and way too fussy. But you can't see it while you're driving...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well here are more details on specification and price in UK.  If you look at the specked up price of £51K it seems like the Lexus version when available, will be very expensive and apart from being more luxurious will need to have better acceleration and range than the mediocre bz4x.  It looks like these two cars will be the BEV counterparts of the RAV4 and NX but with lesser motive performance unless the Lexus version is well upgraded. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2022-toyota-bz4x-pricing-and-specifications-revealed 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links