Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS250C boot opening

Hi John,

I am not aware of any particular alternate way of opening the boot to prevent any standing water from dripping from the leading edge.

I find that most of this water is either directed onto the rear screen and safely away or else it flows to the front corners of the boot lid from where it appears to drip directly into the boot itself.  If you look in the boot where this appears to happen you can see that there are in fact two catch areas where the water is captured and re-directed via a drain pipe to the underneath of the car. 

There will, inevitably, be the occasional drip into the main body of the boot if there is a heavy concentration of rainwater sitting on the boot lid but I have not found this to be a great problem.

I hope you are enjoying your new puchase and wish you all the best with it.

Dec.

• Like 1

Hi I agree with what Declan says  all I would add is you must  ensure that the drain holes and water channels that funnel the water away are clear ,you can carefully push a thin wire through the holes to ensure they are not blocked (bit like plumbing really ) .You will find this inconvenience forgotten when the sun eventually shines and you fold the roof 😀

Dave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beamish said:

Hi John,

I am not aware of any particular alternate way of opening the boot to prevent any standing water from dripping from the leading edge.

I find that most of this water is either directed onto the rear screen and safely away or else it flows to the front corners of the boot lid from where it appears to drip directly into the boot itself.  If you look in the boot where this appears to happen you can see that there are in fact two catch areas where the water is captured and re-directed via a drain pipe to the underneath of the car. 

There will, inevitably, be the occasional drip into the main body of the boot if there is a heavy concentration of rainwater sitting on the boot lid but I have not found this to be a great problem.

I hope you are enjoying your new puchase and wish you all the best with it.

Dec.

Thanks Dec, I think it's just me needing to get use to opening the boot. Is your boot heavy to open? 

7 hours ago, true blue said:

Hi I agree with what Declan says  all I would add is you must  ensure that the drain holes and water channels that funnel the water away are clear ,you can carefully push a thin wire through the holes to ensure they are not blocked (bit like plumbing really ) .You will find this inconvenience forgotten when the sun eventually shines and you fold the roof 😀

Dave

Thanks Dave, will also check the water channels. 

15 hours ago, LIJO151 said:

Thanks Dec, I think it's just me needing to get use to opening the boot. Is your boot heavy to open? 

Yes it is quite heavy. Definately a two-handed job.

• Like 1

Hi I was about to suggest something but saw that true blue had beaten me to it! Agree the boot lid is unusually heavy. I'm OK with it, but the missus struggles with it sometimes. 

I'm no fan of electrically operated boot lids or tailgate (bit gimmicky), but I reckon the 250C could well do with one. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 7:07 PM, LIJO151 said:

My mums IS250C has some issue with lifting the boot, the gas struts have worn out so I'll need to get these regassed or changed, haven't found a straight swap as a replacement and the dealer want £100 per strut 🙄

I replaced the units on my car a year or so ago with Strong Arm items from Liftsupportdepot.com in the US. They are an improvement but in all honesty not a huge transformation. I would guess maybe 20% to 25% less effort to lift.

https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/year-model-search/?#?Customfieldincludeinmmtysearch=Yes&Year=2010&Make=LEXUS&Model=IS250&Trim=C CONVERTIBLE 2-DOOR

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links