Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Takeda isf intake

10 hours ago, Slickric said:

Hi guys

i am looking to buy a takeda isf intake from the states.  Wanting to have a bit more noise.  Anyone have experience of any  websites or company to use to buy parts from? 

thanks

Rich

https://www.funkypower.com/index.php/shop-by-vehicle/lexus/is/08-10-is-f/afe-takeda-cold-air-intake-system-is-f.html

These guys are based in Scotland and are really good.  I imported an exhaust from the USA for my FK8 through them so the price you see is what you pay rather than getting hit with import tax and the like.

• Like 2

Be mindful that the cone filter is hard to find a replacement for. I have a Takeda intake at home which I removed from my ISF for two reasons. I wanted to go back to OEM, plus I wanted to get a replacement filter for it and I couldn't find anyone that stocked just the filter.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 11:56 AM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

https://www.funkypower.com/index.php/shop-by-vehicle/lexus/is/08-10-is-f/afe-takeda-cold-air-intake-system-is-f.html

These guys are based in Scotland and are really good.  I imported an exhaust from the USA for my FK8 through them so the price you see is what you pay rather than getting hit with import tax and the like.

thanks for the tip.  I didn't realise that funkypower sold them.  Saves a lot of import tax.  I have used them for honda dc5 parts in the past so know they are good.

How do you like the FK8?  I would have got one but had a v8 itch and was waiting for the price to drop - although the price has  kind of gone in the other direction.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, RichGS11 said:

Be mindful that the cone filter is hard to find a replacement for. I have a Takeda intake at home which I removed from my ISF for two reasons. I wanted to go back to OEM, plus I wanted to get a replacement filter for it and I couldn't find anyone that stocked just the filter.

What do you think of the takeda?  Is it worth it for the noise it makes?  I have recently put on the H&S catback exhaust which sounds amazing but a bit quiet when the windows are closed.

1 hour ago, Slickric said:

What do you think of the takeda?  Is it worth it for the noise it makes?  I have recently put on the H&S catback exhaust which sounds amazing but a bit quiet when the windows are closed.

Where are you in the country? I'd say you could instal mine and see how you felt.

It does make the engine noise louder as the Takeda intake forces open the flap in the airbox that usually opens after a certain amount of revs (I can't think of the amount of revs).

On 12/17/2021 at 4:25 PM, Slickric said:

thanks for the tip.  I didn't realise that funkypower sold them.  Saves a lot of import tax.  I have used them for honda dc5 parts in the past so know they are good.

How do you like the FK8?  I would have got one but had a v8 itch and was waiting for the price to drop - although the price has  kind of gone in the other direction.

I used to have a DC5 and a couple of DC2s.  Great cars.

I ran an ISF for about 4/5 years.  Loved it.  It sorted the V8 itch out 🙂

The FK8 is incredible.  Genuinely the most fun and capable car I have driven to date.  Pace is on par with the ISF except the FK8 stops and corners in a totally different league.

Paying £150 road tax rather than about £600 and 25mpg around town and 40mpg on the motorway are also a bonus.

My only issue was the noise.  I have sorted that with a suitable ASBO exhaust to match the looks 😉 although I have just bought a Remus valved one so I can go quiet or loud at touch of a button.

Also I know the looks of the FK8 isn't for everyone but I think it looks great 🙂

IMG_20210612_154117.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 6:10 PM, RichGS11 said:

Where are you in the country? I'd say you could instal mine and see how you felt.

It does make the engine noise louder as the Takeda intake forces open the flap in the airbox that usually opens after a certain amount of revs (I can't think of the amount of revs).

thanks for the offer.  I'm in derby so a bit far from you.  I'm very tempted to splash out to buy one

2 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I used to have a DC5 and a couple of DC2s.  Great cars.

I ran an ISF for about 4/5 years.  Loved it.  It sorted the V8 itch out 🙂

The FK8 is incredible.  Genuinely the most fun and capable car I have driven to date.  Pace is on par with the ISF except the FK8 stops and corners in a totally different league.

Paying £150 road tax rather than about £600 and 25mpg around town and 40mpg on the motorway are also a bonus.

My only issue was the noise.  I have sorted that with a suitable ASBO exhaust to match the looks 😉 although I have just bought a Remus valved one so I can go quiet or loud at touch of a button.

Also I know the looks of the FK8 isn't for everyone but I think it looks great 🙂

IMG_20210612_154117.jpg

I see you have bronze alloys too.  Looks awesome and must sound so too with the exhaust mod. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, RichGS11 said:

Er... It's a lifetime/cleanable filter.  Every 20/30k miles you're supposed to use the cleaning/oiling kit ($16) to chemically clean then wash it, then reoil when dry.  Hence why they don't sell replacement filters as you shouldn't be able to destroy one without a front end collision 😛

13 hours ago, ubersonic said:

Er... It's a lifetime/cleanable filter.  Every 20/30k miles you're supposed to use the cleaning/oiling kit ($16) to chemically clean then wash it, then reoil when dry.  Hence why they don't sell replacement filters as you shouldn't be able to destroy one without a front end collision 😛

Unless of course the filter is damaged through a previous poor installation and was found to be torn. Regardless of its questionable lifetime effectiveness, parts should still be available separately should they be needed, which after a lot of searching, they don't seem to be.

1 hour ago, ben_harmer32 said:

K&N make 100s of different 'universal' size filters. Should be able to find a replacement with them.

Sadly they don't. I emailed them images and dimensions and the biggest issue is the internal diameter of the rubber attachment, it's rather large and any filters they had that fit that diameter were too tall to fit inside the airbox. AFE produce the filters and at the time were not producing more stock, hence the shortage of available units in the States (I was on the hunt during the second lockdown). At this point I lost interest and went back to OEM after reading about the performance changes, if any, between OEM and aftermarket. I'm sure there'll be someone out there that can supply an alternative but after talking to all of the UK and Europe based filter companies I could find, no one supplied the same size filter. AFE may have made more units since I last looked, but since going OEM I haven't checked.

All that being said, if you look after it correctly it won't need changing. It was just a case that mine was sadly found to be damaged after I was carrying out a deep clean and mini service on my F.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:35 PM, RichGS11 said:

Unless of course the filter is damaged through a previous poor installation and was found to be torn. Regardless of its questionable lifetime effectiveness, parts should still be available separately should they be needed, which after a lot of searching, they don't seem to be.

If you go to the page for the intake on their page and scroll to the bottom there's the links for replacement filters as well as the cleaning kit 🙂

The filters cost about $70 and have a part number 24-91060 but don't seem to be on any UK sites.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links